Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

EABCO mount and rings for encore

Old 02-13-2007, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default EABCO mount and rings for encore

Does anyone have any expierence with the http://eabco.comencore interloc mount and rings for the encore? They make these themselves and it looks to be a quality setup but just wondering if anyone else has used them before.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: EABCO mount and rings for encore

I ordered a barrel and their ring/base set up about4 years ago. I couldnt get theset upoff of my gun fast enough. They sent the screws too long and they bottomed out before they would tighten. I called them about it and they said thats how they are supposed to be. They told me all I had to do was grind about a 1/16th off of the threads to have a "custom" fit. Thats all fine and good until you try grinding an alloy metal of the end of those tiny screws. It came off in chunks using a sandpaper wheel on a drill.

Their customer service wasnt very good and after I told them I wanted to send them back they made me pay for a new set of screws since I had shortened them. I use Burris and Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings on all of my barrels now and havent had any probs with them. The low rings work good with a 40mm scope.

I purchased these about 4.5 years ago so Im not sure if its the exact same set up with the screws as they have now. Honestly though, I will never purchase anything from Eabco again. I had nothing but bad experiences with them.