Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Meopta scope ?

Old 12-23-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Meopta scope ?

I have been looking at a Ziess, and had a freind show me these scopes. They looks as good and about 1/2 the price. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Meopta scope ?

I have been considering one of the straight 7 X's. I have done alot of research on them, and they look good. I believe they have been affiliated with Leica. Not sure if they still are. Tom.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Meopta scope ?

I am and have been becoming a huge fan of Meopta products. Not many folks are familiar with the Meopta name but they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, optics manufacturer in Eastern Europe. They make alot of the glass for a variety of other optics companies.

At this point I have owned one of their scopes and four different configurations of their binoculars. The latest is the Cabelas "Eurobin" in the 10x42 configuration. It is a rebadged "Meostar" model. Optical performance is indeed comparable to the high end Zeiss, Leica and Swaro models but at about half the price. I have yet to look at one of their riflescopes but if it is half as good as their bins then I would not hesitate to recommend it.

Sorry I could not help more.