Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Weaver V9-A scope?

Old 12-20-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Weaver V9-A scope?

Evening!

Just bought a Ruger M77 MkII and it came with a Weaver 3x9 scope on it. It is an adj. objective model, 50ft to 1000yds, which I can not find any info on it at all. Not even on the Weaver site, so I am guessing it's discontinued? It just look just like the other V9's, just AO. Has anyone used one of these? Are they any decent or should I just start looking at Pentax Gameseekers?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Weaver V9-A scope?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Weaver makes a dependable product, not the best, but generally dependable.
Save up for at least a Nikon Monarch.
Try to hold out for a Zeiss Conquest
My opinion
Old 12-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Yeah, understand that theory well..

See, noticed something today with it. In the lower power ranges 3,4,5 everything is nice and clear, but 6 thru 9 it gets blurry, no matter what I do to the AO end.
If it turns out damaged, whatever.. it makes it almost a fixed power and makes it my excuse to put in on my son's .22 and buy something new in the $200 range.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:02 PM

In that case I would consider buying your son a Nikon Pro Staff 4x32 and yourself a Nikon Pro Staff 3-9x40 and put the old weaver in a window seal for quick look at a bird,dog,hot chick etc
It will be a little more than $200 but you know how kids like to have one "Just like Dad's"
Old 12-20-2006, 10:56 PM

Try getting in touch with weaver, and see what they have to say about it. If you send it in for warranty type work, they might upgrade it to something new and better. The scope market is getting very competitave and more manufacturers are taking big strides to give exceptional customer service to try to win over or retain their customers.

Also if you are looking for a scope , check out this link. They have some of the best overall prices I have found. Be sure to check out the Nikons. The are about the best value in scopes today, and they are great quality.

http://theopticzone.com/scopes.aspx

Merry CHRISTmas

God Bless
Old 12-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Try getting in touch with weaver, and see what they have to say about it. If you send it in for warranty type work, they might upgrade it to something new and better.
Ditto...
Old 12-21-2006, 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: trailer

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Try getting in touch with weaver, and see what they have to say about it. If you send it in for warranty type work, they might upgrade it to something new and better.
Ditto...
You could try and it would be great for youif it works.
Chances are they are going to call it normal wear and charge a x amount of $ to repair/upgrade.
Worth a call/email
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM

Thanks guys.. I'll try weaver out 1st, if it's going to cost too much to fart around with, I'll move on to a ProStaff and keep it for a .22 or something not overly scope intensive, like "chick scoping".
Old 12-23-2006, 09:16 AM

Before you contact Weaver, try this:

1. Go to the range and put up a target at 100 yds.
2. Set the parallex for 100yds.
3. Adjest the ocular lens so that the crosshairs and
target are clear.
4. Try the scope at different distances, changing AO
as needed.

It may be that the focus was misadjusted instead ofworking with the AO (parallex remover). You might be able to get the adjustments back in sync.

Hope this is a help.

Old 12-23-2006, 10:42 AM

Yeah, I discovered this by accident the other day, it's still a bit blurry, but it's more like a dirty/greasy lens situation now. So I'm going to pick up some lens-safe cleaner and give it a whirl before calling.

Quick Reply: Weaver V9-A scope?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.