Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

VX-II , Nikon, or Bushnell

Old 12-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Default VX-II , Nikon, or Bushnell

Hi im looking for a relatively good scope that will last and shoot amazing with my tikka t3 lite .308. I was wondering what you know about leupolds vx-II, nikon, and bushnell scopes around the $200-$350?

i will be hunting gophers-elk(maybe moose)

thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 11:46 AM

Default RE: VX-II , Nikon, or Bushnell

You can get a Bushnell 3200 or even a 4200 in 3x9 to 4x12 power in your price range easily. Very good scopes, with rain guard and seem to hold up to recoil very well.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:54 AM

I love my Nikon 4x12x50 side focus parallax adjustment.

285.00 with free shipping at www.durhamoutdoorsupply.com .
Old 12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 2 Nikon Monarch 3X9X40 scopes. I love them, they are extremely clear. I let me buddy borrow my muzzleloader the other day. He is a big Leupold guy. I couldn't believe it when he said he thought the Monarch was a little clearer than a VX III. I have Leupolds, they aregreat scopes. I think for the money, Nikon is the way to go. I don't have any experience with Bushnells so I can't comment on them. I don't think you'll regret getting a Nikon.

Mike
Old 12-13-2006, 01:32 PM

I bought a new scope just Mondayand was facing the same delimma that you are. I looked at a Bushnelle elite 3200, a Leupold VX-II, a Nikon Buckmaster, and a Burris FF-II. I quickly narrowed my choices to the FF-II and the Buckmaster. I looked through each scope probably 100 times. I really couldn't tell the difference in optic quality. But remember I was in a well lit store. After all was said and done I chose the Nikon based on the look and feel of the scope. I haven't had a chance to mount it, but I feel like it will be a good scope.

If you can swing the extra money I would go with the Monarch, it was by far my favorite but I wasn't considering buying it, I just wanted to look through it.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Monarch, Bushnell 4200's and VX III's are all very close in optic quality.

The VX II's, 3200's and Buckmasters are on the same quality level(pretty close).

The main difference is that Bushnell has the rainguard feature which I think is greatbut are a bit shorter with eye relief and the Leupoldscost alot more then the scopes in the same quality bracket. Its about 100bucks extra to have Leupold written on the side scope but you dont get a 100buck better scope.

They all have lifetime replacement warranties. Bushnell will give you your money back on any 4200 scope within the 1st year for whatever reason you don't like it. Do some searches on some optic forums and you'll see the more knowledgable the people seem to be the more they steer you clear of Leupold because of the overpricing.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

I recently went through a month-long research project for a new scope to go on a Tikka T3 7mm-08. Of the scopes you're considering, I go withthe Nikon Monarch 3-10x44mm AO all the way.

If you wanted to save some money, take a good, hard look at the Weaver Grand Slam 3-10x40mm. It is better than anything in its price range, and better than a few that are priced considerably higher (can you say "Leupold"?).
Old 12-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

go to www.savageshooters.com and read the hunting scope comparision article. they compare the three brands you ask about.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a great site !!! srwshooter
Old 12-19-2006, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: wronkatonk

Hi im looking for a relatively good scope that will last and shoot amazing with my tikka t3 lite .308. I was wondering what you know about leupolds vx-II, nikon, and bushnell scopes around the $200-$350?

i will be hunting gophers-elk(maybe moose)

thanks
$250 Nikon Monarch
$350 Zeiss Conquest

Quick Reply: VX-II , Nikon, or Bushnell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.