Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Bullet Drop Reticles

Old 11-19-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Bullet Drop Reticles

I am looking for a scope for a long-range (400-500 yards) rifle. There are several scopes on the market with bullet drop reticles....

Leupold Mil-Dot (VX-II's)
Leupold Boone and Crocket (VX-III's)
Burris Balistic-Plex
Nikon BDC

Of the choices listed, I like Leupold's Boone and Crocket version the best. They are pretty proud of it though, it costs and extra $80 on an already expensive VX-III scope. If I am going to spend over $500 on a scope, I want it to be a Zeiss - BDC reticle be damned.

I am having a hard time deciding if one of these reticles is actually benficial, or if they are just a gimick. Anyone with experience with any of these? Are they accurate in predicting bullet drop?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bullet Drop Reticles

go with the Nikon Monarch with BDC. I have a Nikon Monarch and a Leupold VXII........ the Nikon is clearer and brighter. Plus, you can find better deals on the nikon. If Zeiss made the conquest with a BDC that would be a no brainer.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Bullet Drop Reticles

Another option that was suggested on a different forum was to get a custom bullet drop turret. Determine the range, set the turret, aim, pull the trigger. Sounds pretty simple. Can I get a turret for the Zeiss Conquest?