Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Hunter Class Poll

Old 11-07-2004, 05:23 PM

Default RE: Hunter Class Poll

Bentshaft,

You may not agree with the suggestions or questions that I raise but I think that the majority of such are based on what will be best for the known majority. Suggesting that the BOD is not listeing to you and a few of your friends has got you very little support. If you are so intent on proving your point find out a way to get as much support on and off the net and then you will have something to talk about. Bad mouthing the BOD of directors and myself will not impress anyone or prove anything other than you are a sore looser.
I will give you credit for one thing you posted a membership number with your vote.

rcher,

Your post was what the forum needs and I agree with you. I feel that a senior class will happen sooner or later because that class is getting bigger all the time. Don't give up on the senior class or it may die. Communications is the biggest problem so lets try to solve how to get to the people that are eligable and find out what is needed. Every member of the IBO is entitled to express their opinion on this subject and I'm sure that you will find there is a majority in and out of the class that will make a difference. One other thing that may be possible is to put more than one issue on a ballot when possible to justify the need.

Good luck and good hunting.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:25 PM

I personally plan to shoot the new class, maybe even MBR or open, I dont know yet. And ya know, I dont have my membership card handy right now, but have shot HC for 3 years now. But, my take on it is this, yes we asked for a money hunter class, and thats what we got even though the yardage is longer. After thinking about it for a while, it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to have the exact yardage and all, only with a purse. Everyone would just shoot the money class then, and why not, an average shooter might have a very good day. Plus, with the longer yardages, you wont have the same 100 or more drilling the eleven on every shot. And you may have forgotten, some of the MBR guys wanted a class just like this one. So, there's two birds with one stone. How many classes do we need?
As far as having a poll on this forum, it would not be fair. First of all, I have made probably 50 friends at shoots in the past 2-3 years, and guess what, none of them have any idea about this forum, and just arent interested in joining it when I mentioned it (some people still do not have the internet). Secondly, you will have people voting not in the classes mentioned, or not at all if they are content with their choices and it doesnt affect them.
Also, doing it now is the wrong time (but a good place to start), let us just see what kind of turn-out there is first, we dont even know if ANYONE has shot this class as of yet to get any kind of feedback. Besides, the rules are out, and I dont think they can be changed now until next fall or at least late summer (but I could be wrong). And, lets say for arguement sake, there are 150 shooters in the new class, it will probably stand. What it all comes down to is this, if you think you would like to shoot for the money, shoot the new class---if not, shoot the old. BUTCHB
Old 11-08-2004, 07:59 AM

Polls are a suggestion in lieu of something better. Communications is the problem, so have everyone who is not happy with the changes write a short note or a long letter to the IBO office and make their feelings known.
Knowing the problem (as perceived by some) is something that many have heard, but making a workable solution is what is lacking.
Your post is on the money and reasonable and that is the attitude that will get much more done than many of the other people who can only bad mouth the organization. IMHO
Old 11-09-2004, 02:38 PM

Like I said in my previous post" Where is the input from the IBO?" Sure would like some action by way of survey and results results mailed out to members.