Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

What is the payout formula?

Old 08-17-2004, 07:35 PM
60X

Default What is the payout formula?

It seems as if no one has been happy with the payouts this year. I have also noticed that they are as high as other years. I was curious what the formula is that determines the payout. I figure if we have the formula and plug the numbers in then we can see exactly what money goes where and put an end to the bickering. What's everyone else think?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:53 PM

Default RE: What is the payout formula?

The formula was posted around a year ago, it is called the "Lewis System" I think, I really dont remember how it worked but i think it was based on like ten percent or so. But, I too would like to know what it is again, that way I can figure up what everybody else is winning, i have little or no chance. The other thing is, if you dont know how many shooters are registered, you cant figure it out. butchb.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:26 AM

The Oudoor Worlds pays 40% of the entry fees to the shooters that make the cut for Sunday.
In MBO that was 21 shooters.
331 shooters shot the MBO class. $24 from each entry to the purse. That is $7,944 for the purse. Added from the qualifiers to the purse,$4,384.50.
Total purse is $12,328.50 for MBO.
Two years ago there were 494 shooters in MBO.Comparitively higher numbers in the qualifying levels as well.
If you look at the growth in Hunter Class you can see where a whole lot of those shooters went.
That is a lot of the difference. No monies from any class goes to another class. Payouts and formulas are the same.

Hunter class monies are used to buy the gift certificates given away to hunter class shooters through the Lewis System. Just like the prizes in the Defense Ranges.
ken12
Old 08-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

fact is were also losing shooters, losing then all together not just to other classes, can speculate why but most already know......there where more hc class shooters 2 years ago that this year so if some of those shooters moved to mbo or mbr or vise versa then where did the others go.....there needs to be some changes....like no more snowshoe...somebody made a good observation..most of the time at snowshoe where not shooting in fog..where shooting in the clouds....its just to much elevation....dont get me wrong i like it there....but we need to be closer to sea level........
Old 08-20-2004, 10:05 AM

Looking at the weather in Snowshoe over the past two years it would not have mattered much where we were in the eastern U.S. In fact the location was a big plus this year. If we had been south or east Charley would have had a much bigger impact.
Last year a hurricane came through and the same happened this year. If you want I will look up the names and supply the info. Or you can save me the effort.

Would moving a week or two earlier help. Maybe, and we will look at that.
Many of the suggestions of potential locations would have been a complete wash out this year. How about Tampa/St Petersburg? North Carolina? Tennessee? Virginia? Maryland?

TWO HURRICANES in a three day period. We see the low clouds and think if we just were somewhere else it would not be a factor. But look at what is causing the clouds. Anyone remember two hurricanes in three days ever happening before?
It must have been because the worlds were on Snowshoe Mountain.
If we were not there it would not have happened. The sun would shine every day and it would only rain after dark and just enough to keep the grass green.
ken12
Remember the first two years at Snowshoe? It was the ultimate place to hold a shoot. Cooler temperatures. Sunshine all the time. Plenty to do. Fun for the family. Why werent't we there before? We should have found it before. I digress!
I hate the laws of averages.