Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Trophy Shoot Question

Old 07-29-2004, 09:06 PM

Default Trophy Shoot Question

I am going to be on the mountain as an exhibitor for the shoot and found out today that they have a trophy shoot that does not require qualifying. I have been an IBO member for years, but have never competed (obviously) and would like to give this a try.

All I have is my hunting bow, fixed quiver and all.......would I be way in over my head (I shoot year round) or are these shoots laid back and fun?

Can someone give me an idea of what to expect and who shoots trophy class at the World's??

Thanks!!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:22 PM

Default RE: Trophy Shoot Question

If you are a IBO memeber you can call them and they will send you a registration form for the trophy shoot. Alot of good shooters will be shooting in the trophy shoot as well, but I would give it a whirl if I were you. If you are going to you better hurry. You have until the 6th of August to have your registration and money on the way to snowshoe.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:31 AM

In past years this always filled up quickly as they usually alot 2 ranges for trophy class shooters. Same classes apply and you may shoot with people from other classes and all from different stakes. Yes, there are some good shooters !! The ranges are on the same terrain and usually just as difficult as the regular ranges. Winning scores are usually not quite as high as the money classes, you can look up last years scores in whatever class you would be shooting.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:55 PM

I know a couple of people from our area that have shot trophy class and they are great shooters....The only reason they dont shoot the money class is sometimes they cant make it to a qualifier....So I think the compatition is really tough just like the money courses... But Good luck and either way its a great time, lots of great people and the experience cant be beat.