Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Shooting Rotation?

Old 02-18-2003, 08:28 PM

Default Shooting Rotation?

If a group of shooters get drawn out with a cub in there group should they make them shoot last everytime , or should they be added into the shot rotation? The reason this question is asked , is that this happened this weekend at Valley Ala. I think that even though they are in the cub class they ought to be part of the rotation? What does anyone else think?
Old 02-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting Rotation?

Firstly welcome to the board.

I dont have a problem with a cub being in the rotation.
It would sort of make them feel welcome to the group instead of feeling left out by shooting last every time
Old 02-19-2003, 04:49 AM

Remember, you have rules to guide you. Shoot from the longest stake first. I know it may not matter to the shooting group, but the competitors who will complain are standing 1 or 2 groups behind you. Besides, it does create a slow down to advance and shoot the closer stake first. If it were not for all of that, I would say by all means rotate whenever possible.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:16 AM

No, I feel that the rotation is dependeamt on the stake positioning. The stake that is the farthest away from the target shoots first and so on. At no time should anyone go to the closest stake first. Mainly for yardage quessing reasons.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

My vote is for them to be in the rotation. Rule 10 states " 10. Stakes farthest from the target must be shot first, unless directed otherwise by a shoot official." , so it is possible. It is done all the time. Yardage guessing reasons.....everyone stays at the longest stake except for the Cub doing the shooting at their stake, you can' t " pace" anything off. Delays....every shooter is allowed 2 minutes from the time the previous shot is released. Most Cubs will walk to their stake in 5 seconds. That leaves 1 min 55 seconds to get their shot off. They will probably get it off in 20 seconds. That' s faster. Now, as they' re shooting, the person next in the rotation can be at their stake and guess their yardage and be getting their sight set as they' re looking over the Cubs head. They can be ready to shoot as the Cub gets back to the group. Speeds things up, not slows them down. The slow down is from the shooter that doesn' t start his " guessing routine" until he hits the stake. Should be done as the shooter in front of them is making their shot (like the rule used to say). But, because some of the targets can' t be seen unless you' re standing on the stake, the 2 minute rule is for everyone to use. This should apply to all, not just cubs, I.E. MBO with MSR with FBO.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:56 AM

Great info!

Excellent post to read for the first timer, like I will be.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:11 AM

If the white stake is set with the longer ones they can shoot in the rotation.
If they are set in front of the green,yellow,org or blue stakes they have to shoot last.
That is the rule.
Many times, because of distance limits stkes are placed to not be seen from the longer stakes. Allowing a shooter to advance to the shorter stake then takes some of the difficulty out of the shot.
ken12
Old 02-19-2003, 06:47 PM

Thanks to all of you for your input . It is interesting to see everyones view on this subject. I read the rules before I took Little T to Alabama and told him what to expect and he told me that he had already read the rules and knew what they said. He told me that it was a little irritating when it was his time to shoot and the 10 ring was covered in arrows. All in all he had more fun at this IBO shoot than he had in ASA all last year . We are looking forward to Rome Ga.
Greyghost & Little T
Old 02-20-2003, 06:51 AM

Grayghost & Little T - Glad to hear that you had a good time at Valley. Arrowhead (my son) and me had a great time. This was our first shoot of the season and we can' t wait for the Rome shoot.
Maybe we can meet, it would be nice to put a face with the name.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 AM

Hey n23d,
Meet me at Red Lobster in Rome......I would love to put a face to your name!
Your Buying ....right?

Quick Reply: Shooting Rotation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.