Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

3-D shoots

Old 02-15-2003, 06:13 PM

Default 3-D shoots

I am interested in going to some 3-d shoots this spring and would like information on what goes on? How are they run? What is a person able to bring with them (binocs, # of arrows, etc.)? How are they scored? What types of shots? Teams, individuals, parteners??? I know this sounds pretty stupid, but I' ve never been and don' t want to look like a complete idiot (I' ll do well enough not looking like and idiot with all your input)

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3-D shoots

buck, binos are a big help finding the scoring rings. No more than 8X for IBO shoots. Bring as many arrows as you need to get through 30 or 40 targets. Hopefully one will do. Bring some arrow lube and an arrow puller. IBO scores 11, 10, 8, & 5. Miss the target and score zero. The shots will vary, being set at various yardages (unknown) and angles. Generally it' s individuals shooting against each other, and there are classes defined by equipment. The best thing is to go and enjoy. The shooters you meet are usually very friendly and helpful. You' ll see everything from top money shooters, to women, kids, guys just flinging arrows for fun, families, you name it.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I second what Phil said.
But the arrow does not have to be straight either
Just go and have fun and meet some friendly folks
Old 02-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Really all you need to do is show up and there will be plenty of people that will assist you.

At first I wouldn' t worry too much about rules because most likely you will be there for fun and practice.You just pay your money and tell them you are shooting for fun and shoot what and where you are comfortable.Don' t worry too much about score and have a good time.After a while you may want to start competing for real and then the rules need to be followed.Just make sure they know and there will be no problems.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:04 PM

Thanks all, knew I could get good answers here. Just got a new Razortec and want to shoot it every chance I can get. Sound like the 3-D' s will be just the ticket to add to my fun!

Wishing you all good shooting!
Old 02-16-2003, 01:58 AM

go to 3Dshoots.com you will find them