Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

Old 05-21-2007, 11:51 AM
JGC

Default Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

I'm a father you as raised his son around hunting and 3D, he is now 13 years old, and wanting to shoot by his self. I had a freind that is a shooter and he wasn't going to shoot this weekend. He was going to walk with his son and he would take my son, that was great that let me shoot and not worry about my son.Well it seems I was wrong they put two groups of pros in front of the boys, whish theywere taking there time. So that made the groups behind the boys mad and very vocal.The other groups keep pushing these two boys to shoot faster which put them in the middle. Some of the shooters said a Lady came out and timedthe Pros and it took five minutes before they shot the first arrow, standing around talking.One pro mouth off saying they had eight minutes and they were going to use them.
I just wanted to say thanks tothe pros for giving the two boys someone to look up to, and thegroups behind them making me feel my son is safe out in the woods with my brother and sister bow hunters

Greg Combs
Old 05-21-2007, 12:19 PM

Default RE: Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

Now this is a whole new can of worms! Eight minutes? Every range I shot had a sign up that said 2 minute rule in effect! I better not find out that the Pro's have a whole different set of rules than everybody else!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM

I'm assuming they meant 8 minutes total......4 shooters at 2 minutes each. Even so, it sounds like they weren't in any hurry to get up to the stake and start the clock.

There are a lot of decent Pro archers out there. But it's too bad there are so many of them that give the rest a bad name.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:52 PM

ok now he is 13 so his class would have shot ranges IJKL and the Pro's dont shoot those corses. so who was realy in front of your boy. the pro's shoot at the club range not even on the same sight as the am's.
It's a shame when people say things about others with out finding out the truth first.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM

I was not around when this situation occurred - but I walked with my daughter for awhile on K on Sunday - and yes, there were definately Pros on those ranges - I spoke with several of them.

My only issue was with an archer (who I really wish I would have gotten close enough to see his embroidered name on his shooter shirt) who had one of the dirtiest mouths talking with everyone in and around the sign-in tent. My 12 year-old daughter and 5 year-old son were within 15 feet of this guy and it didn't bother him at all to continue with every curse word known to man.

Other than that guy - we had a fantastic time throughout the whole weekend and appreciate everything everyone did to make this HUGE shoot come off with the least amount of problems.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM

well let me tell you this you have got to bring it to someone attention then instead blowing off steam here. I agree about the time limit, when I'm around walking the range and shooting I am clocking people and I really don't mind saying anything to them. I've been there in line waiting and waiting it is crazy.

And as far as someoneusing profanity, there is a time and place for that and it is not around children. Team Elam I wish I was there cause you know how I feel about your 2 young ones I would have said something.

Next time ya'll have got to let someone know when it happens so it can be taken care of..............
Old 05-21-2007, 07:44 PM

sory I did not know they shot on K Sunday. I tried to stick up for them. I have shot for years with them and I know that their are some like you are talking about but the greater% of the Pro's are not like that. It is some of the shooters that have to grow up like we all did. This should show every one that to get to the top is nice but you need to be real and humble. Pro's are just like us all not the best example all the time but at least each of us only have a few that look at us. How would you like it if every one was watching you all the time? Think about the threads then.how would they be?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:51 PM
JGC

It is a shame when people say things about others with out finding out the truth first, and it is also wrong to accuse someone of this. the men pros did shoot J and the pro wemen shot I. So bowboctor you should do your home work. I did call the IBO today I got a mail box full, and this is not the fault of the IBO nor is it fault of all the other pros I have a lot of freinds that are pros. It would not done me any good making an ass out of my self sounds like thers anough of you out there now.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:27 PM

winger,
howis a personsupposed to bring it to the IBO's attention when you don't even know who they are?

They had no booth and not everyone knows who they are, they don't make their presence known.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 PM

I was in the last group that shot on "J" Sunday and the Pro men were kind of slow. There were four groups behind the Pros and two of them had kids in them, mine was one of them.I did hear some grumbling about the Pros but didn't know it bothered the kids. That's too bad. I know that most of the Pros shoot just like the rest of us and follow the rules, but there are always a couple that make it bad for all. When I watched a Pro man glass his shot from the stake for 45 seconds after the shot, (yes, we were timing them), using up the next shooters time, I was quite disgusted. My group had shot "I" previously behind some Pro women and had the best time. The ladies were gracious and even took the time to talk to the two cubs that were shooting with us. Yes, there was a range official that came up behind the Pro men and was timing them. She dropped off a late contestant to our group and was upset to learn that we had waited for twenty minutes to shoot target number four. It's too bad that these things have to happen but if we don't police ourselves, it won't get any better. There is nothing wrong with walking up to a Pro shooter and asking what their name is and "could you please take only the two minutes allotted to shoot". I'm a long time Life Member of IBO and wishthese problems didn't exist, but they do.Please don't let the actions of one or two affect your opinion of the IBO. It's a great organization and only we can make it better.
Shoot straight!

Quick Reply: Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.