Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 AM

Default RE: Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

ORIGINAL: mo bowdoctor

sory I did not know they shot on K Sunday. I tried to stick up for them. I have shot for years with them and I know that their are some like you are talking about but the greater% of the Pro's are not like that. It is some of the shooters that have to grow up like we all did. This should show every one that to get to the top is nice but you need to be real and humble. Pro's are just like us all not the best example all the time but at least each of us only have a few that look at us. How would you like it if every one was watching you all the time? Think about the threads then.how would they be?
Please, please do not get me wrong - I fully understand that the very (thankfully VERY VERY) few so-called "Pros" give the rest a bad name - (and the guy I spoke of with the ugly mouth, I honestly do not know if he was a 'pro' or just someone trying to show off to all of them as they walked through - However, I bet OU would want their hat off his head with the image he was projecting)...

Over the past three years, I have been very involved in the children's programs of both organizations - and have personally witnessed hundreds of hours of "greatness" of these Pros giving back to the children and the 'average joes' and never once did any of those persons disgrace the title they have (in my opinion) earned of "Pro"... One night, just recently, I watched as Jackie Caudle spent over an hour atour campsitesworking with a child who had a horribly set up bow - and made the kid feel like he was the most important shooter around. Everyone from all different bow companies and Pro classes have stepped up to the plate gracefully - ... but I do think that we, as the public, do hold these guys to a higher standard - whether that be the 'fair' thing to do or not - but thankfully, the 99% of them respect that standard and go extra miles to be a positive influence in the archery community.

Personally, I appreciate (and I had a long list of individual pros here that I've since erased because I dont' want to leave anyone off) the Pros that hold that title in the true sense of the word - and those who do not - i'm a big believer in Karma

~Ms. Ronda

Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 PM

I just read the "2 minute rule" again, very carefully. It is quite specific concerning the 2 minutes allotted a shooter for their shot.
It says nothing about a group having 8 minutes for four shooters. A group of four, does not have eight minutes to shoot. A group of five shooters does not have ten minutes to shoot. Each shooter has two minutes. A shooter may use less time and thatis fine. Using less time by one shooter does not add the time left fromtheother shooters in a groupshooterto another shooters two minutes!
It does mention when the time alloted for the first shooter begins. That is when the target is clear from the previous group. The second shooters time begins immediately when the previous shooter releases his or her arrow,and so on through the group.

We also would like to hear in an e-mail or pm from someone that PERSONNALY heard the profanity or the comments made that have been mentioned.
ken12

Old 05-22-2007, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: pfiermka

winger,
howis a personsupposed to bring it to the IBO's attention when you don't even know who they are?

They had no booth and not everyone knows who they are, they don't make their presence known.

anyone you see on the ranges or at the check in tents with a radio can get you in contact with an ibo official or range official. the registration building should be able to point you in the direction of several reps as well. you can also contact your state rep if you need the message relayed....or you can simply send an email to the ibo office with your concerns. there is a list of state reps on the ibo homepage complete with phone numbers and email addresses.

if you encounter a problem on the range, contact the registration tent immediately and get someone down there to resolve your problem. if you feel you are 100% correct in your gripe, you can also file a protest with the ibo.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:43 PM

Ken,
I've emailed you the details - although I don't know the specific guy's name (and I've kicked myself for not getting close enough to him to see his shirt) there were several others of his buddies and people going through that he spoke with that might be able to tell you who he was - I also included those details.

I do appreciate your willingness and interest in making sure thatthings like thisdo get addressed. I also know that working with clubs to host such huge events is avery stressful time and we do appreciate you, Ms. Judy and Ms. Lynn.

Being with such a great group of archers is amazing - when one loudmouth overshadows all the good the organization does - it gets very frustrating, I'm sure..

Thanks again,
Ronda

Old 05-22-2007, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: JGC

It would not done me any good making an ass out of my self sounds like thers anough of you out there now.
That kind of reply after I said I was sory would title you how?
This is not ment in any way wrong but you just showed what I was talking about how none of us are saints and remember sombody is always watching us. You may be a pro in your kids eye.
don't take this in any way as an insult or being rude just using it as an example.
I dont agree with the language that pro used outside and it don't belong her either.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: TeamElam

[Please, please do not get me wrong - I fully understand that the very (thankfully VERY VERY) few so-called "Pros" give the rest a bad name - (and the guy I spoke of with the ugly mouth, I honestly do not know if he was a 'pro' or just someone trying to show off to all of them as they walked through - However, I bet OU would want their hat off his head with the image he was projecting)...

Ronda, I know where you are coming from and feel what you are talking about. You know this is why most of the time I keep to my self because when things are read they can be taken out of contex just like the way the Word is. "Not comparing my jumbel to theWord."you know what I mean? you and Mark are Top Pro's In my book. keep up the great work.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 PM

Mr. Watkins,
You should have a talk with Mike Sheppard about the amount of time his group spent at each target. I was 2 groups behind them and they sometime took as much as 20 minutes at a target. I even motioned to him to speed it up and he just looked at me. So how is it that he can do that and the rest of us are governed by the rules?

My next question is why did you put the Pros on the HC course Sunday when the HC is the largest class of shooters and some of them had 20 targets to shoot on Sunday? That decision was not thought out real well.

Third question is why don't your administration wear name tags or shirts identifying you as an IBO official? Are you not proud of your organization or are you afraid of confrontation like you were in Nelsonville 2 years ago?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:33 PM

Thanks Tim - we're far from Pro status (shoot, I'm just trying to get through a tournament season without getting hurt! haha) - but we've been very, very blessed to be able to work with the kids and enjoy it so! I didn't even get my bow out of the case in Bedford because the lack of time (due to the large turnout of NASP kids) - but I'm definately not complaining ... it was the least I could do! Everyone had a great time and are looking forward to more IBO shoots - I had forgotten how rough those hills could be!

~Ms. Ronda
Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Spike

My calculations according to the posted results are as follows:

MBO-283 shooters

HC-234 shooters

I realize that HC is probably among the largest classes, but I doubt there are any ranges that were real empty. I know MBO shared their range with others, just as most other classes do.

I do not doubt that there were slow groups, and I know that is frustrating, but if I was as mad as you were, I would have taken it up with somebody. I am certain if you complained enough, you could speak with an IBO official.

Overall, I think Bedford was a great tournament!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 PM

We thought it was a great tournament too!
Thanks to White River Bowhunters, all the extra help we had, the vendorsAND to the 1528 archers who spent the weekend with us! It is always a pleasure to see you and we look forward to seeing you in McKean!

Judy

Quick Reply: Thanks to the some of the Pros "not"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.