Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

scoring clarification

Old 12-15-2002, 08:34 PM

Default scoring clarification

i just read the feb 2003 issue of bowhunting world, and on page 59 in the in tune section, there is a list of changes for the upcoming (2003) shooting year. on the ibo web page it states the x ring is now an 11 ring (HOORAAAAAAYYYYYYYY). it states nothing about the way in which the arrow is scored, so i am assuming the same rule applies that the arrow has to be touching/cutting the line.
on page 59 of bowhunting world, the rule change states that the scoring is now inside out. does this mean the arrow has to be completely inside the next higher value ring to be scored? does this mean no more line cutters? i have heard nothing of this in the past, and again i am assuming nothing has changed other that the scoring value of the x to 11.

Old 12-15-2002, 09:17 PM

Default RE: scoring clarification

Hi Keith,

The rules on scoring read as follows.

"6. For all sanctioned I.B.O. Shooting events, the scoring must be as follows:

11 – Small circle centered within the ten ring. Approximately 25% of the ten ring will be used. Arrow must at least touch the circle. This score would reflect 11 on the scorecard.
10 – Circle inside vital area. Arrow must at least touch circle.
8 – Vital area other than the 10 point circle. Arrow must at least touch the vital area line.
5 – Remainder of the animal touching body color.
0 - A hit in the horn or hoof not touching body color, any other miss, or glance off"

For the complete set of rules visit this IBO website.

http://www.ibo.net/rules/

gg
Old 12-16-2002, 06:45 AM

grey ghost, maybe you need to read my original post again. i know how to score the 11, 10, 8 , 5, and zero. my question is that there is a difference between the ibo publication in the bowhunting world magazine, and the ibo web page. both writings are by the ibo, so which one is correct? do you score the arrows inside out, or touching the line. i know what the ibo site says, but i am also reading a publication by the ibo that states something different.

Old 12-16-2002, 06:51 AM

The reference was stating the score values from the inner scoring ring to the outer. I made a poor word choice for the description.
Sorry.
ken12

Old 12-16-2002, 02:05 PM

Hi Keith,

Sorry to have troubled you. I read where you said, ". . .on the ibo web page it states the x ring is now an 11 ring (HOORAAAAAAYYYYYYYY). it states nothing about the way in which the arrow is scored,. . ."

For some crazy reason, I thought this answered your question "Arrow must at least touch the circle"

Sorry for not reading your posting with more care.

gg
Old 12-17-2002, 09:19 AM

grey ghost, sorry for the snippy response, i just wanted to make sure that the line was scored as the higher value, and not that if your arrow touched the line it was the lower score. we are setting our shoot schedule on the 19th and if there were a change i wanted to make sure that we put out the right information to our clubs in our rotations.
inside out scoring can be confrontational. again i am making sure we are doing the right thing for our local clubs.
i am a big fan of the center ring being scored as a 11 instead of the x, but i dont think it will make a huge impact in the scores. the person who was shooting good scores with a high x count will still beat the guy who shoots good scores with a low x count. it will however separate the top scores a little.

Old 12-17-2002, 09:56 AM

Hi Keith,

Glad your the one with the Monkey on his Back (getting everything set up), I completely understand how you feel. Hope you have a great year and complete your schedule without a hitch. Lets hope when the season starts that the ticks have died, the mosquito's starved to death, and that all our arrows go reasonably straight. (smile)

Take care, gg
Old 12-19-2002, 06:21 PM

hey grey ghost i see you are from paducah. maybe we can meet up at a shoot or two. i talked to cheryl at shepherdsville, and they are not hosting the state shoot. if it ends up back at mammoth cave maybe you and i could meet up. we host the tim farmer shoots at the game farm in frankfort on mothers day weekend, if you get a wild hair and want to drive for a few hours we would be glad to have you. it may be a ibo Q shoot if things work out.
as for the monkey on my back, if it were only a monkey it would be smooth sailing, i think it is more like a 1200 pound gorilla at times.LOL i think the gorilla is drunk and likes to ride!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2002, 07:49 PM

Hi Keith,

You will have to send me some more details on the Mammoth Cave meet if things work out that way, and the other meets also. In my younger days, I have had a few gorillas on my back also. (not any more) I know what its like to coordinate site use, equipment setup and tearing down, borrowing, begging and uhhhh, uhhhh mistakes sometimes.
Look forward to hearing further from you.

gg
[email protected]
Old 12-19-2002, 07:50 PM

Hi Keith,

You will have to send me some more details on the Mammoth Cave meet if things work out that way, and the other meets also. In my younger days, I have had a few gorillas on my back also. (not any more) I know what its like to coordinate site use, equipment setup and tearing down, borrowing, begging and uhhhh, uhhhh mistakes sometimes.
Look forward to hearing further from you.

gg
[email protected]

Quick Reply: scoring clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.