Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

Apex 7

Old 01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Apex 7

Im thinking pretty seriously about a new Apex 7 for 3D this year!
They "are" a little pricey but,a heck of a 3D bow.........what do you Apex 7 shooters out there think? Are they worth the money?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Apex 7

Like you said, they are pricey. I bought one last year and it's a nice shooting bow. It makes me want to shoot more often.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Spike

Default RE: Apex 7

I've got four of them... kind of tells you I like them a bit. Whether you will like it is a matter I can't answer. On something as expensive as a bow I always recommend trying your best to shoot one before plunking own the money.

To me the A7 is very balanced. My draw length is 28". Most folks that are 28 and under seem to prefer the A7 over the Apex for competition. Folks over a 29" draw tend to like the original Apex. It is a string angle thing. I had two Apexes and never could shoot them as well as they aimed. The Apex "aims" better than the A7 to me. But the A7 to me is more forgiving for me. Of course the Apex won all but one IBO and all but one ASA National shoot last year (Gillingham- ASA Gainesville, Christenberry ASA Columbus, GA, Hoyt- Braden- ASA Augusta, Christenberry- ASA Oak Ridge, PSE-Brooks-IBO Bedford, Hopkins- ASA Roanoke, Aaron Yost- IBO McKean, Gillingham- ASA Metropolis, Christenberry- IBO Nelsonville, Gillingham IBO World, Gillingham- ASA Classic) so the "taller" fellas had a good year with the Apex.

Shoot the A7 and see if you like it. It is definitely a shooter for me.