Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW

Old 12-01-2005, 08:58 PM

Default WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW

Mckenzie sells its targets to Delta. So what will we be shooting this year at the triple crowns and the world.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:05 AM

Default RE: WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW

where did you get that information? are they selling molds to delta, or have they sold the company to delta?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:25 PM

go to there web site and click on the target icon the page will come up.
We wish to announce the sale of McKenzie Targets to Delta sports Products. As of Dec 1st all inquiries should be addressed to Delta Sports
Products. dont know about what they have sold if it was just targets or molds.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:38 PM

looks like a done deal.....i hope things dont change at the ibo shoots.....could be interesting.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:04 PM

sent an e mail to delta usa asking if any changes would come about and if they were going to keep the targets the same for all of the clubs that the mckenzie targets , mid sections and such but have not gotten anything back as of yet.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 AM

I am the southern zone director for BHA(Bowhunters of Alabama) and we used the Delta Targets for our state championships for the long distance course and they were very different than the Mckenzie targets that we are used to shooting. The kill zones are very forgiving for left and right shots but not for misjudged yardage up and down. If you shot just out of the ten ring you were a "5". I hope that they will keep the scoring and kill zones the same as they have always been for the IBO shoots. The kill zones were not as durable as the Mckenzies either, but the cost of replacment kill zones was much cheaper then the mckenzie.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:43 AM

got an answer from Delta and they tell me that the only change being made is the location of the mfg. plant.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:05 PM

I would say since Mckenzie has such a big investment into the IBO that they will not make any changes without letting the shooters know. In the year book that was sent out it showed that the Mckenzie natural look targets would be used this year. I think that we will be just fine.