Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV HUNT CLUBS / LEASES

Old 05-08-2005, 12:33 PM

Default WV HUNT CLUBS / LEASES

Does anyone know of any hunt clubs/ hunting leases in WV taking new members ?
Would prefer somthing within 2 hr .drive from Charleston, but at this point I can't
be to picky. Lost my hunting property to clear cutting in Wirt Co, WV.
Would consider something in Ohio as well.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 05-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV HUNT CLUBS / LEASES

ORIGINAL: DKP4197

Does anyone know of any hunt clubs/ hunting leases in WV taking new members ?
Would prefer somthing within 2 hr .drive from Charleston, but at this point I can't
be to picky. Lost my hunting property to clear cutting in Wirt Co, WV.
Would consider something in Ohio as well.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Good Luck,Bro.... competetion is tough in that area. lotsa land changing hands these days, as you noted.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try some of the publis or state land there are 1000's of acres within a short drive of Charleston.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:21 PM

I have 2 leaces in Braxton County and have alot more I can hunt. There are some clubes here,but public land maybe the best bet,there is alot of it and some wmas get little pressure.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might want someone to hunt with me at my place (Grant County), particularly for turkeys. If someone is interested in going within the next week or so and sipping beers, going through a tin of copenhagen and hunting the next morning, let me know via PM and we'll see what we can arrange. My hunting buddies either own their own land, or can never get away and it would be nice to hook up with someone who loves to hunt like I do.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are still a few private farms that you can lease REALLY CHEAP in the central-northern part of the state.

I own 400+ acres in Braxton county, and 2 of our neighbors don't hunt. They own about 600 acres total. They let some guys (about 8) come in and hunt for $50/each per year. That's hard to beat!
Old 05-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougMD

I might want someone to hunt with me at my place (Grant County), particularly for turkeys. If someone is interested in going within the next week or so and sipping beers, going through a tin of copenhagen and hunting the next morning, let me know via PM and we'll see what we can arrange. My hunting buddies either own their own land, or can never get away and it would be nice to hook up with someone who loves to hunt like I do.
Man... I darn near died at Dorcas.... shoulda never lit that fire.... anyway, Doug... How far from Moorefied do you hunt..?... yeah I know that's Hardy Co... Email me, Bro....
Old 05-23-2005, 07:00 PM

Well guys I guess I will keep on looking, I may have to look at some
public land, but I'm still hopeful. Thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 07:47 AM

The Run and Gun Hunt Club may be taking new members. We have over 8,000 acres to hunt on located in Fayette County. The club boundaries run from US Rt. 19 East to Rt. 41 and from Rt. 60 South to almost the New River Gorge. Within this area is a lot of private land, but plenty of space to hunt. ATV's are allowed and all members get a key to all gates. I am at work right now and don't have the number with me for the club President, but if you will email me at [email protected] I will email you the number when I get home.

Also, there is the Dotson Ridge Hunting Club that is located on Dotson Ridge Road just off Route 60. Basically across the road from the Run and Gun Hunt Club. They also may be accepting new members. Email me and I will send you the numbers for both club Presidents.

This might be a little far for you, but I figure you might still want the information.