Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

If geese were deer in Penna

Old 03-16-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: If geese were deer in Penna

thanks but it was my honor to serve but it was the men before me that fought so you could sit here an fight among yourselves and speak your minds without somebody kicking in your door.
Not on this site. I have become more and more concerned about the bias on thread deleting and editing by the moderators. Im NOT siding with the ideas and issues presented by the people who are being silenced. But, it appears there is a definate bias going on. What a shame. [:'(]
Old 03-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Duckmastor,

there have been some deletions lately, but IMHO it hasnt been about one side. Obviously, I'm on the side of AR and further HR (where it's appropriate) and you can call me biased if you want. Lets look at the some of the members on the other side of that who haven't been deleted.

Germain
Lost Horn
MikeE....
ScotN
and many more

These guys post what they feel without going over the top. Some of em I consider as good friends even if we sometimes disagree. There seem to be only two (not any of these guys, and they both have been discovered posting under more than one screen name) who continue to be completely disruptive and they seem to be the common denominator in the deleted threads.
Like many, I've been no angel here. We all feel passionate about our sport because we care a great deal and it has caused some of us to push the rules to the max. The difference is that these few seem to live for just that. IMHO the mods have seen through that and have taken action. If they enforced the rules more strictly there would be few of us left.

To the mods: If I busted the rules here it was in the interest of helping this forum and I apologize but I also hope you will see the spirit in which it was posted.
If you delete this, I'll understand but I hope you won't.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I rest my case.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope...... no deer left in PA........ hmmmmmm... I wonder what those dang little brown critters were that were all through the field behind the archery shop I visited this afternoon! Maybe 40-50 goats, or maybe it was 40-50 dogs! Definetly wasn't deer though, we don't have any of them left at all

I can't believe this is still going on and I REALLY can't believe that someone as old as good ole' Lockhorns, Legend, Buffalo, Uly, ect. ect. ect...... is still changing names to support himself. No wonder you talk about "majority" all the time, in your "world" you are several hundred people all rolled into one!
hey BM,

I was just wondering if you were still around. Glad to see ya here still.

dough

(oh - don't forget wingbar, USPROUD, TBBOWHUNTER,.....)
Old 03-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MikeE51848

I've seen tons of deer in Pa this year, you just need to know where to find them and walk more than 100 yards from the road.
Generalizations like this are as stupid and insulting as the ones that say "there's no deer in the woods".
Gee...generalization huh? well let's break it down and see where I generalized.

First "I've seen tons of deer in Pa this year"...Well, unless you are me (which I'm pretty sure you're not) then you can't really call this generalizing can you? fact is that I HAVE seen alot of deer this year.

Second. "You just need to know where to find them" . Now call me silly but if someone told you to hunt a certain farm that was loaded with deer, or you scouted numerous areas until you find one that holds deer then that would constitute "knowing where to find them". Basically, if you know where the deer are there's a pretty good chance you'll see some. Once again not generalizing rather simple statistical analysis.

Finally. "walk more than 100 yards from the road". If you can honestly tell me that alot of the people arguing they don't see deer aren't the ones who are weekend warriors who go to the same spot in the woods every year then this MIGHT be the only part of the statement that may be considered generalizing. However, I am sure it would be a pretty safe bet saying that the majority of the deer harvested in Pa are more than 100 yards from a road. If this is the case then this too would not be considered generalizing therefore making YOUR statement stupid and insulting.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

First "I've seen tons of deer in Pa this year"...Well, unless you are me (which I'm pretty sure you're not) then you can't really call this generalizing can you? fact is that I HAVE seen alot of deer this year.
Bearklr is right, I live in Lancaster Co.5B to, I see tons of deer to, I see bucks that would make any trigger finger itch, But the only way to get one of them is with the bumper of your truck. I have ask some of the land owners if I could bow hunt on their property and all I got was a flat out no. Lots of the land owners say this because of slob hunters that they have seen in the past.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:24 AM

No there are not too many deer.
No I did not see very many deer
Yes I do walk into the woods to hunt
Yes you are an idot if you say hunters are not walking deep enough into the woods, in Pa if you walk for one mile in a straight line you have crossed at least one road
Old 03-17-2005, 09:37 AM

Pa if you walk for one mile in a straight line you have crossed at least one road
Not true. There are many mountain ridges that can be walked for miles with out crossing a road. Just one example.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mark99

No there are not too many deer.
No I did not see very many deer
Yes I do walk into the woods to hunt
Yes you are an idot if you say hunters are not walking deep enough into the woods, in Pa if you walk for one mile in a straight line you have crossed at least one road

Well, first I would like to say that your 5th post on this site was quite intellectual considering you have already broken a rule by calling me an idiot. Now to get back to the point at hand I will not and can not argue against your first 3 lines. they are your opinion and based on how and where you hunt, with that I have no issue. However, I would have to oppose the fact that I am an idiot. Yes I do think that too many hunters head out for the first weekend, park their trucks and go to their "old faithfull" hunting spots for a few hours and head back to camp complaining about not seeing anything. This is not to say that there are those who make an honest effort by scouting and spending quality time in the woods yet see no deer. You need to stop looking at these statements as if they cover 100% of the hunters in the woods, since this is deffinately not the case. We took 4 buck and 6 doe at our camp this year while no other camp in the valley took more than 2. Why? simple, because while they trecked a few hundred yards from the road to the same spot they did for the past 15 years we hiked 2 miles back in (by the way, we didn't cross a road) and spent all day hunting. More time and effort = more deer for us. Like I stated earlier, this of course is based on individual accounts and is my OPINION. So just to reiterate, I really don't think I'm an idiot.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:45 AM

I want no argument, nor do I wish to start one. I would just like to give a statement.

I live in Maine, grew up in Ohio. Each year I drive from Maine to Ohio at least once a year. I travel I-80 from East to West beginning at I-380. To entertain my son, I once suggested he keep a tally of deer that we see. Both dead and live. Last November we accurately tallied 187 dead deer and 68 live deer. That was only on the west-bound trip across PA. Many places we can't even see the east-bound lanes.

I have driven across almost every state in the US and have never seen deer #'s like this, nothing even close, including the western states. It has been like this for the last 15 years.

If I lived in PA, I would find somewhere to hunt along I-80.

Again, just my honest, general statement.

Quick Reply: If geese were deer in Penna

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.