Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Camps for sale

Old 03-07-2005, 08:46 AM

Default WV Camps for sale

Hey guys, anybody know of any camps for sale in Greenbrier or Pocahontas COs?
Old 03-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WV Camps for sale

You'd think there would be all kinds of parcels in Greenbrier. Saw an aerial of it on Wrong Turn. Just watch out for the locals. That movie scared the bejeesus out of me!

Anyway, good luck in your endeavor! If you become interested in the Grant area, let me know. I own there and know of a guy who buys and sells parcels who might have something. Be prepared to pay upwards of $2 or $3 k per acre though. Prices have steadily increased over the past 5 years or so...
Old 03-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can still find land in the central part of the state for under $1k/acre if you look.

The edges of the state are headed through the roof, though. Good luck!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pro-Line

You can still find land in the central part of the state for under $1k/acre if you look.

The edges of the state are headed through the roof, though. Good luck!
yeah...1 ac here just sold for 145K.... 1 acre. yes it was in a Golf course, but we ARE talking WVa here.......know what that did for the property values ?... not to mention taxes.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:30 PM

West Virginia is definitely one of the few places in the US that you can still find property cheap. In remote areas if you are paying more than a $1000/ac, you are paying too much. I personally bought a 400 acre tract last year that went for around $225/ac (mineral rights included) and I currently know a tract in Wayne county (Kermit area) (430ac) for sale that the owners want about $500/ac.

To find land in the Greenbrier area, get a subscription to the local newpapers. This is an easy way to watch for land for sale. Also watcing the ad bulletin is a good idea. I would also check with several realtors in the area. You can tell them what you are looking for. If they don't currently have anything, you can always have them call you if anything becomes available. Good Luck!
Old 03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good advice, I would just emphasize what Pro-Line says, that easy access places around the border are high, and that some of the really cheaper land is steep and logged. It is definately worthwhile driving around to places that are available and trying to figure out what the neighbor situation will be.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wvvet

I currently know a tract in Wayne county (Kermit area) (430ac) for sale that the owners want about $500/ac.
My best Pal lives in Wayne Co.... that $$ won't last long there either... it's a growing county, too. At 500/Ac you'd better jump on it.