Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the truth about Casey Burns

Old 03-03-2005, 09:00 AM

Default RE: the truth about Casey Burns

Man I need to get waders. My muck boots just aren't high enough.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:11 AM

T that is EXACTLY the type of comment an ostrich makes just before he pulls his head out of the sand . Yup! it'll never happen to the PGC, Ms. Burns will be happy with a apology, no civil lawyer will take her case for free,naw no way. Heck you'd be safe enough to cancel your car insurance too. Human nature doesn't lend itself to greed..... Who needs it???????????????????????????
please do
Old 03-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its real simple, something they said in my kids HTE course over and over................

BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEYOND

My 12 year old understands that. Apparently some here don't.
Thsi isn't about a wild ricochet, it is about direct line of fire!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:29 AM

1. The guy was found GUILTY of "shooting at or causing injury to human beings, a misdemeanor of the second degree, and damage to property, a summary offense."

2. I don't need a law degree, a PhD, or even a high school education to figure out that he's guilty when he pleads to it.

To that end the guy is UNSAFE, a known poacher (as he admitted to that but got out of it based ont he plea).

This is NO ONES fault but his own. I don't care if the woman gets a trillion bucks. She wasn't looking to be part of this, nor did she take active part in being shot. She was sitting in her car for chirst sakes. I'm as pro gun and pro hunting as they get, I'm an NRA Instructor and a State Hunter Education Instrutor trained to the standards of the IHEA and IBO.
There is NO WAY this was anything but careless hunting.

Lets think about it:
The bullet traveld, some people say, 7/10 of a mile so that's 3696 feet or 1232 yards. Now if he was using 7mm mag figure anywhere from 33 to 46 of drop at 500 yards. Yet this bullet was 732 yards past that and was high enough to his someone in the head which would put the bullet about 3 feet off the ground. Now WTF kind of shot do you have to make to get a bullet that follows that kind of trajectory and will be that high off the ground? Any guesses? You either have to be shooting from the top of a hill down into a valley or you have to be shooting up and over a hill line and have no clue whats beyond.
Now if he was shooting down into a valley, he sure as heck would have been able to see the house and car - so giving him the benefit of the doubt as they said it was careless and reckless, with no intent, the down into the valley shoot is out.
SOooo that leave the ONLY other type of shot, a skyline or uphill, with no concern with what's beyond the ridge.
Remember this:
"Be sure of your target and what's beyond", sound familiar? If it doesn't or if you been hunting so long that you forgot it, STAY OUT OF THE WOODS. You are not a sportsman, you are not a hunter, you are a DANGER to everyone that is.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: sot_II

Damn it shocks me how stupid some people are.

1. The guy was found GUILTY of "shooting at or causing injury to human beings, a misdemeanor of the second degree, and damage to property, a summary offense."

2. I don't need a law degree, a PhD, or even a high school education to figure out that he's guilty when he pleads to it.

To that end the guy is UNSAFE, a known poacher (as he admitted to that but got out of it based ont he plea).

This is NO ONES fault but his own. I don't care if the woman gets a trillion bucks. She wasn't looking to be part of this, nor did she take active part in being shot. She was sitting in her car for Christ sakes. I'm as pro gun and pro hunting as they get, I'm an NRA Instructor and a State Hunter Education Instructor trained to the standards of the IHEA and IBO.
There is NO WAY this was anything but careless hunting.

Lets think about it:
The bullet traveled, some people say, 7/10 of a mile so that's 3696 feet or 1232 yards. Now if he was using 7mm mag figure anywhere from 33 to 46 of drop at 500 yards. Yet this bullet was 732 yards past that and was high enough to his someone in the head which would put the bullet about 3 feet off the ground. Now WTF kind of shot do you have to make to get a bullet that follows that kind of trajectory and will be that high off the ground? Any guesses? You either have to be shooting from the top of a hill down into a valley or you have to be shooting up and over a hill line and have no clue whats beyond.
Now if he was shooting down into a valley, he sure as heck would have been able to see the house and car - so giving him the benefit of the doubt as they said it was careless and reckless, with no intent, the down into the valley shoot is out.
SOooo that leave the ONLY other type of shot, a skyline or uphill, with no concern with what's beyond the ridge.
Remember this:
"Be sure of your target and what's beyond", sound familiar? If it doesn't or if you been hunting so long that you forgot it, STAY OUT OF THE WOODS. You are not a sportsman, you are not a hunter, you are a DANGER to everyone that is.
When you put it that way we all better stop hunting as every time you pull the trig. you can't be sure of where the bullet is going to stop.

Guilty yes did he do it on purpose no.

Instructor are you telling us you never took a shot that didn't have a full back stop behind it?[>:]
Old 03-03-2005, 10:29 AM

sot & Bt apparently you guys think you know more about this case than the PGC themself! because after the investigation the PGC was only able to produce charges that account to a misdemeaner an shooting at a furbearer without a FT lisc.
what's the use trying to enlighten a couple of cell block legal eagles to the law!!! But the fact remains ........accident without criminal intent, and Burns is a money grubber!
end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:46 AM

I'm an NRA Instructor and a State Hunter Education Instrutor trained to the standards of the IHEA and IBO.
I hope you don't think that's an honor, I've been to a few of those. The instructor reads out of a book and instead of telling kids what is safe they make guns sound like they are the most dangerous things in the world.
Tell them the right thing to do instead of all this don't, don't, don't. Someone has already said it here, you are taking a chance everytime you pull the trigger, it comes with the game.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:17 PM

I am saying without a doubt that I NEVER took a shot that I didn't now where the bullet was going to land on the far side. PURE and SIMPLE. In fact 99% of the shots I've taken have been where I could actually see the impact of the round down range..

To that end "be sure of your target and what is beyond"...you gotta be one unsafe hunter not knowing what's beyond and again follow the trajectory, there is NO WAY he could have taken a safe shot. He basically had to "mortar" that round...if you need a picture drawn I can certainly do it for you.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:20 PM

There's a difference between taking a risk and taking an unsafe shot. There is no way that this was a safe shot, and if you think it could be, stay out of the woods. It's very simple.

The guy was guilty of shooting at a PERSON...is that a "safe shot" would he have been fined had all these legal problems if it were a "safe and responsible shot"? No.
Lawsuits and hungry lawyers aside are not part of the equation.

And yes a resposnbilbe hunter takes game out of season...right.

ORIGINAL: Maineguide5424

I'm an NRA Instructor and a State Hunter Education Instrutor trained to the standards of the IHEA and IBO.
I hope you don't think that's an honor, I've been to a few of those. The instructor reads out of a book and instead of telling kids what is safe they make guns sound like they are the most dangerous things in the world.
Tell them the right thing to do instead of all this don't, don't, don't. Someone has already said it here, you are taking a chance everytime you pull the trigger, it comes with the game.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:22 PM

Did you not read the same article? He Plead out for a reduced charge.
He plead GUILTY to SHOOTING at a person. And just an FYI, his getting fined and his potential incarceration and loss of license are about his lack of responsibility, not about any other lawsuit that might come up because of his stupidity in the field.

ORIGINAL: wingbar

sot & Bt apparently you guys think you know more about this case than the PGC themself! because after the investigation the PGC was only able to produce charges that account to a misdemeaner an shooting at a furbearer without a FT lisc.
what's the use trying to enlighten a couple of cell block legal eagles to the law!!! But the fact remains ........accident without criminal intent, and Burns is a money grubber!
end of discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: the truth about Casey Burns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.