Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

the truth about Casey Burns

Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the truth about Casey Burns

He pulled the trigger he faces the consequences. Its that simple! I feel sorry for him but I feel more sorry for the girl that got shot. I have 1 question. If it was your wife or girlfriend that was pregnant. Would you be saying? Honey it was only a stray bullet. The guy didnt mean it we should let him go. I highly doubt it!

I dont know all the details of the case. But I am pretty sure you could shoot fox during rifle season as long as you have a furtakers permit.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:02 AM

Man I don't see what is so hard to understand here wingbar. He pulled the trigger. He is responsible for that bullet. I am a HTE instructor and this is one of the MAJOR rules of handling a firearm that is taught. It's not rocket science by any stretch. If he was hunting in the middle of Tioga SF and accidently killed another hunter HE WOULD STILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BULLET THE SAME AS THIS CASE!

As far as the media and thier coverage of it, that's another topic.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

Man I don't see what is so hard to understand here wingbar. He pulled the trigger. He is responsible for that bullet. I am a HTE instructor and this is one of the MAJOR rules of handling a firearm that is taught. It's not rocket science by any stretch. If he was hunting in the middle of Tioga SF and accidently killed another hunter HE WOULD STILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BULLET THE SAME AS THIS CASE!

As far as the media and thier coverage of it, that's another topic.
Do you realize the hunter shot into an orchard and the house near where the lady was parked was not visible to the hunter. The bullet travel half a mile through the orchard and the hunter had no way of knowing that his bullet would eventually enter a safety zone. The only way an accident like this could be avoided in the future is if every hunter made sure there was a solid backg round behind his intended target every time he took a shot at game and that is simply impossible.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:41 AM

The only way an accident like this could be avoided in the future is if every hunter made sure there was a solid backg round behind his intended target every time he took a shot at game and that is simply impossible.
He is still responsible. Not matter how you cut it he is responsible for that bullet.

Man I'm glad I don't hunt with some of you. I really don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend.

Game Commission investigators allege Wetzel was ''careless and negligent'' when he shot at the deer without a safe backstop between the animal and homes. The trajectory of Wetzel's shot, investigators said, was directly in line with Burns' driveway
Old 03-03-2005, 06:51 AM

Well on tonight's 6 oclock news that poor victim of a woman whom sees her 15 minutes of fame wanning has NOW decided it is in her best interest to sue the poor guy that was shooting at a fox for her and her unbornm baby's suffering.
And as far as the critisizm that is being brought on Casey, that is totally uncalled for. She was SHOT. You think she wanted this "15 minutes of fame"?

Some of you guys are rediculuous.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:04 AM

T what I think is she had her unwanted 15 minutes of fame NOW wishes to extend that as well as profit from it
For the record Wetzel is guilty of causing injury to a human, unintentionally. Not a list of emotional charges that you seem to be adding. Trust in the fact that could the PGC have found other charges to levee on Mr. Wetzel they surely would have. the truth is they had no case other than what they charged him with.
What you are not grasping is Ms. Burns is now trying to profit from an unintentional accident...in my book that is morally wrong. worse than that is she and her mother are doing their utmost to strtch that 15 minutes into hours an the liberal anti gun or sucking it up.
Ps T. smart ploy ...trying to get a topic deleted because you are loosing an argument. We all know a few of you have tried that before.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:13 AM

trying to get a topic deleted
That wasn't the intent but if it happens so be it.

Litigation is the American way now a days. I had a buddy who accidently shot someone in small game season about 20 years ago. PGC filed their charges then he was sued for liability. Heck, I testified in court on it. I know all about. It sucks yeah but is it any suprise??? If someone shot you accidently you would not go after them for damages?

Once again, you pull the trigger you are responsible for that bullet. Plain & simple.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:25 AM

apparently the PGC thought he was only reposible to the extent of a misdemeaner, and that is what the PGC charged him with nothing more nothing less.
The Wetzel/Burns case is that simple. All the emotional antics attached with it are emotional anitcs, all your comparisons of "your buddies shooting", etc. have nothing to do with the Wetzel/Burns case. Your "well he pulled the trigger" logic is not what the PGC themselves charged Wetzel with .
Does every shooter need to be aware of his line of fire,certainly! But What you don't get is the fact Mr Wetzel was aware of his line of fire and background, and it was clear. It was what he couldn't see beyond the orchard that caused the accident.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Casey Burns will more than likely win this case, We as shooters must know whats on the other side of the trees and thickets. Thats why I drive 3hrs away from 5B to 2G. not to many places left in 5B, 5C. That you can fire a rifle and know where the bullet will end up. Even though Burns was shot in 3D there is still a lot of houses around.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 AM

lost horn: well then wouldn't her case be better directed at the PGC themselves? It is afterall the PGC's law that allows centerfire rifles to be used in that section of 3d.The PGC in their normal ineptness has dropped the ball at extending the shotgun only areas to keep inline with suburbia. hmmmmmmmm might be NOW some of you see where Ms. Burn's civil atty. is surely headed, knowing full well actuall damages will be next to impossible to claim from a citizen with limited funds.
Ms.Burns' atty. will be fronting well over $100,000 in fees to progress with this suit from his own pocket. Do any of you REALLY think he is going to settle for restitution of maybe <$75/mth from Wetzel should the case be awarded monetary settlement? Now enter in the PGC an the pot of gold begins to glow!!!!!!! Yes you can thank Ms. Burns' greed in trying to profit from an accident in a not so distant future , when the woefully undefunder PGC dropps yet more wildlife programs from it's budget.
** Just like Pa deer management....things aren't always as they first appear!!!!!

Quick Reply: the truth about Casey Burns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.