Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC needs money

Old 03-01-2005, 08:41 AM

Default PGC needs money

There are less deer, less hunters, so there should be less PGC personal. No one likes to see someone loose there job, but this is what they wanted.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC needs money

I'm not sure if that's quite how it works. I know I for one hardly see a warden during the entire hunting season and I hunt all over the state. Just because there are fewer hunters doesn't mean the state shrunk. They still have just as much area to cover regardless of wether they see 15 hunters per square mile or 2.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:07 AM

Yep, because the PGC is all about deer and nothing else, right?
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM

Yes they do need money but the deer population hardly seems to be related to the number of lawbreakers (though some inverse relationship may exist ) or even our need for wildlife biologists.

Might be nice if the Legislature followed up on the recent report from the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee that showed with or withour a merger, outside funding would be needed.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:43 AM

I and many fellow sportsmen/women of this state contacted our legislators and let it be known we would not support a single penny of increase till the PGC cut anterless permits where they needed to be cut , AND I AM PROUD THAT I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:47 AM

First off, the cost of a license is dirt cheap compared to value. Heck, for a case or so of beer (depending on what your taste is) you can get a hunting license.

Now as far as seeing that increase, it will come but not quite yet.
Commission executives hoped to get a much-needed license fee increase through the General Assembly this year. But with so many unhappy deer hunters voicing displeasure to local legislators, any chance of a license hike has evaporated.

Commission officials were told as much earlier this month by Rep. Bruce Smith (R-York). As chairman of the House Game and Fisheries Committee, Smith has the power to control this issue. Without his support, any license increase legislation would never make it out of his committee to the House floor.

Smith told the commission it wouldn't be appropriate to pursue a license increase until officials figure out what's going on with the deer management program.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

If the PGC would go after these hunters that don't send their deer harvest report cards in, They say they know who they are they could make a lot of money from the fines. They say half the hunters don't send them in.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:10 AM

lost horn, that should show you how the PGC lies,if they really knew whom to fine they would. Also these same counts at the deer processors that they claim to make are the same exact ones they use for reporting deer takes......hmmmmm smells fishy to me!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

lost horn, that should show you how the PGC lies,if they really knew whom to fine they would. Also these same counts at the deer processors that they claim to make are the same exact ones they use for reporting deer takes......hmmmmm smells fishy to me!
Yes wingbar you hit the nail right on top of the head, I have been smelling that fishy smell since 1985 when they doubled the kill with their calculated harvest. And they still do it.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

How did we get two threads the same?

Quick Reply: PGC needs money

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.