Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

You make the call!

Old 02-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: You make the call!

If ever there was a case of way women live longer than men, here it is. Some body lives and talks to this woman dailey.god bless this poor bas!!!d.How would you like to come home from work and talk about the family budget with this witfull woman.[:'(]
Old 02-18-2005, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

If ever there was a case of way women live longer than men, here it is. Some body lives and talks to this woman dailey.god bless this poor bas!!!d.How would you like to come home from work and talk about the family budget with this witfull woman.[:'(]

By any chance are you referring to this 61 year old guy with a full snow white beard. If you are and had romantic ideas ,forget it. I can tell you aren't my kind of guy,especially since I have a wife that hunts as hard as I do. Keep smiling and good luck.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Donna your not the first 61 year old woman with wiskers, but a full beard!!!!!
Old 02-19-2005, 03:14 PM

Well Donna your not the first 61 year old woman with wiskers, but a full beard!!!!!
Obviously you do not have anything of value to contribute ,so why do you feel the need to belittle those of us that do and enjoy discussing deer management issues.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your form of deer managment & a rubix cube have alot in common.just turn it over and it will look differant.But I am still smiling.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:16 PM

Your form of deer managment & a rubix cube have alot in common.just turn it over and it will look differant.But I am still smiling.

None of us manage the deer, we just discuss the management plan proposed and implemented by the PGC. Some of us know enough to have an intelligent discussion and then there are those that have nothing to contribute but get their kicks out of taking cheapshots.

Do you even understand the need to have a harvest that keeps the herd stable and do you have any idea what the effects may be of protecting BB?
Old 02-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't lower yourself ddear. Although I don't necessarily agree with you on everything you've said, you are clearly genuine in what you have to say and I for one value your input. Some of the posters either just aren't interested or loose interest when things get a little complicated. I don't know why they take the time to post.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ddear You are right, I was being abrasive,Sorry!I have gone back and read some of your other post you seem to care about the deer.I do think you are wrong stating that we do not manage the deer.I do on the 150 acres that I own .The key to having deer is to provide them a safe place to eat & sleep.Right now I can see nine deer feeding behind my barn,Three are bucks that still have horns and two that droped them last week.I buy a gravity box (3 tons) of corn to feed them after the first of the year.This lets me know what made it thru the 3 months of season.I do not allow the late muzzle loader season.I believe too many bucks that droped their horns are shot & the deer drives put too much stress on late season deer.The success of deer management is going to depend on how many people are willing to put money up and buy the land they need to live on.The only way to stop the doe killers is to keep them off your land.[:'(]
Old 02-19-2005, 07:51 PM

While i will agree that you can influence the quality of hunting on your 150 acres , you can't truly manage the herd unless that 150 acres is surrounded by fencing. The harvest stratagey of the surrounding property owners will have as much impact on your herd as anything you can possibly do, with the exception of banning a hunting on your property. If they harvest a lot of doe and BB ,the deer on your property will disperse during the spring and summer and fill the voids created by the high anterless harvests on adjoining properties.

Unfortunately it is economically unfeasible for hunters to buy enough land to provide quality hunting. If you figure the initial cost ,plus mortgage payments and insurance, a hunter could hunt every year in Wyo. or Colo. and still have cash left over.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Don't lower yourself ddear. Although I don't necessarily agree with you on everything you've said, you are clearly genuine in what you have to say and I for one value your input. Some of the posters either just aren't interested or loose interest when things get a little complicated. I don't know why they take the time to post.
None of us will ever agree on everything ,so I don't see that as a problem. However , I am concerned about the future of deer hunting and deer management in PA ,even though it will have little if any effect on me since I am near the end of my hunting career. But, it saddens me to see the PGC makeing the same mistakes they made in the past and that is why I will continue to try and refute the misleading claims Alt made while selling his plan.

Your input will always be appreciated ,even if it disagrees with my position.

Quick Reply: You make the call!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.