Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Old 02-17-2005, 07:31 AM

Default RE: NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

This is a letter that you can use to contact your Assemblyperson & voice your support of A3736.

Cut & paste it into Word or Word Perfect or whatever you have, then change the parts in bold to be specific to you.

Assemblyperson So-and-So
Street Address Here
Any Town, NJ 08555
Date

Honorable Assemblyperson So-and-So,

Assemblyman Robert Smith has sponsored legislation that would allow the hunting of deer with a bow and arrow on Sundays, A3736. This is legislation that I feel would be beneficial to New Jersey, the Division of Fish & Wildlife, and New Jersey’s Sportsmen and women.

I am an avid bowhunter, and as you can imagine, I have great interest in this legislation. This legislation could, in some cases, double the amount of time that bowhunters get to spend in the field. The Division of Fish & Wildlife knows that bowhunters are playing an ever-increasing, and effective, roll in deer management in New Jersey. In 2003 bowhunters harvested 2,000 more antlerless deer than modern firearms hunters (shotgun). Bowhunters have proven to be a viable and effective management tool, and in a state as developed, crowded, and with as much vehicle traffic as New Jersey has, this is a fact that cannot be overlooked.

These are some brief points of Sunday Bowhunting for deer;

· Sunday hunting could effectively double the amount of time that most hunters have available to participate.

· The Division of F&W feels that this added opportunity would spur bow and arrow license sales.

· Private landowners would still have the right to say no to Sunday bowhunting if they wanted to.

· Sunday Bowhunting would take place on State Wildlife Management Areas and privately owned land only.

· Bowhunting is quiet, there is no noise associated with it.

· This legislation will allow the non-hunting public to use State Parks and Forests on Sundays, free from fear of hunters being in the woods while they do their fall hiking and bird watching.

I support this legislation, and as your constituent, I am asking that you support A3736 when it comes before the full Assembly for a final vote. I would like to thank you in advance for your time, attention, and consideration of this issue.

Respectfully,

Your Name Here
Your Address Here
Any Town, NJ Your Zip
(***) 555-5555
Old 02-18-2005, 05:16 AM

Nice letter Bacs!
Old 02-18-2005, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: ruffed-grouse

Nice letter Bacs!
Thanks ruffed!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Another link . http://www.ussportsmen.org/interacti...ad.cfm?ID=1489 I know some are against this but I think the number of doe you can kill should be cut NOT the number of days. Sundays will help more young hunters to get out there with there parents who work 6 days a week! I think that is a good thing! Killing too many doe is not a good thing so it's time to bring down some of these limits!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:59 PM

This is a list of people & organizations that support A3736:

Bradley Campbell - Commissioner of the DEP (sent a letter to the AAN Committee hearing in full support of A3736)
Martin McHugh - Director of the Division of Fish & Wildlife
United Bowhunters of New Jersey
New Jersey State Federation of Sportsman's Clubs
US Sportsman's Alliance
Audubon Society of NJ
Bergen Bowman, inc.
Jersey Coast Anglers Association
Recreational Fisherman's Alliance
New Jersey Outdoor Congress
Ted Nugent USA NJ
Ocean County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
Hunterdon County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
Monmouth County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
Mercer County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
Traditional Archers of New Jersey.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:21 AM

Sorry but Im against sunday hunting!! I hunt private,state and fed. land and as it is now with seasons going into feb.,land being lost to developers and the quality of deer going down I dont think we need MORE days to lower the quality of deer & population.We need a better deer managment program in this state. Spending time at different shops in my state I have heard more people talking about not seeing qual. deer and the negative affects of the extended seasons and lost of land.Its just my opinion so please no nasty returns.

PETE
Old 02-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]