Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Old 02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-11-2005, 03:35 PM

Default RE: NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

NJB
I commend you for the hard work you guys have put in to this .

In zone 16 fall bow was 42 days , extended bow was 53 days , permit ML was 27 days , permit shotgun was 10 days and winter bow was 26 days . That's 158 days that you are allowed to shoot does . Now take the fall and winter bow season and add Sundays to it and you get another 13 days give or take . I do not remember seeing a proposed bill to cut the number of does killed per year .

I know we have to take does to help out with QDM , but lets face some get a little carried away and I see adding more days to hunt only adding to the problem .

I guess all in all I am kind of for it in a way . If it does not pass that only gives the ANTI's something to build off of .

Man now I'm really confused !

I would like to end this with , I am in no way trying to have a conflict with anyone . I am thankful we have people fighting for our rights to hunt and fish .
Old 02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-13-2005, 11:53 AM

The Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee is meeting at the State House Annex on the third floor Committee Room #8 at 2pm. They will be considering A3736 - Sunday Bowhunting.

The State House Annex is located on West State Street, it is the building just to the right of the State House.
When you enter the building thru the main entrance there will be a bank of elevators on the right hand side. Take the elevator to the third floor. Once out of the elevator Committee Room #8 is nearly directly in front of you.

As for parking;
Parking is available in the Capitol Complex parking garage when space permits. Metered, on street parking is located along West State Street. There are also several pay lots within walking distance.

Driving Directions:
This link will get you directions to the State Library which is located just to the right of the State House Annex.

Driving Directions
Old 02-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i called my local rep. the last time this came up. for me personally i would love to see hunting on sundays archery especially.close hunting on monday would be better for me if its all about giving a day off. its all a time thing and not enough of it for me on the weekends. im sick of using my vacation and personal work days. it would allow me to cut the grass or change the oil then still have some time to sit in the afternoon to enjoy the peace. i think the local gas stations- coffee shops and sports shops would see a better economic reward with hunting on sundays allowed. its about time. the old laws are really just silly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

just emailed my local rep. hope he votes for it!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:53 AM

I'd have to say I'm against Sunday hunting. The deer like me need a day of rest, besides weekdays are the best time to be in the woods. I already find Saturdays my least favorite day to hunt and Sunday would be lower yet. Besides I need a little rutting action myself once in a while.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:45 AM

I'm opposed to bowhunting on Sundays. Bowhunters in most zones where I live in N.J. are allowed to start hunting deer in mid-September. Doesn't this give them enough opportunity already without hunting on Sunday? They get to hunt 10 weeks before the first gun season opens. I shotgun and muzzleloader hunt only. I guess I would feel differently if I bowhunted.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:28 PM

Any report on how things went today?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: NJ Sunday Bow Hunting: A3736...Contact Your Reps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.