Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mike Walsh Taxidermist

Old 02-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mike Walsh Taxidermist

Anyone here know or use Mike Walsh in West Islip for a deer head mount??
Old 02-06-2005, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Mike Walsh Taxidermist

I sure dont know him as a deer man, but if hes the same guy I know, he was one helluva waterfowl expert. I havent heard his name in awhile, though. His birds were among the very best.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

That's him. I have heard he's a top bird/fish guy....A friend is strongly reccommending him.....what do you think..... about a bird/fish guy doing a deer head?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your best bet is to look at the deer heads he mounted and judge them for yourself. If your looking for a good taxidermist. I use Krause's taxidermy. He did some deer heads for me and they are great. At the outdoor show in Harrisburg he has 3 things. He took a black hawaiin ram, a corsican ram and a bear mount. He had his habitat judged to. He won 4 blues 1 red and a best of category. He does excellent work and its guaranteed.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:48 AM

Robert, I agree with the last post. Go see his deer work. Im a past World champion with deer, yet Id expect folks to research my work before deciding. I dont think the fact that hes known as a bird guy should hurt him either way. Think of it this way...if he does birds that well, why wouldnt he go to the same details on his deer? Give him a call, ask him for some references, and if you could see examples of his deer work. Im sure hed be happy to oblige you. In fact, be sure to tell him Bill Yox said hello!