Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting tops the list

Old 02-01-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Sunday hunting tops the list

Well, not quite but almost:

Here's the latest report on FACTORS RELATED TO HUNTING PARTICIPATION IN PA from Responsive Management.

A lack of Sunday hunting was the second highest factor that "strongly" contributed to hunting dissatisfaction in Pennsylvania at 21% . It came in behind only "work obligations" at 22% and was even ahead of a perceived "lack of game" at 20%.

A lack of Sunday hunting opportunities has an important impact on the hunting satisfaction of active hunters. Thirty-seven percent of active hunters indicated that a lack of Sunday hunting opportunities strongly or moderately took away from their hunting enjoyment; 22% said a lack of Sunday hunting opportunities strongly took away from their hunting enjoyment.

Equally or even more interesting are the attitude on Sunday hunting by currently inactive and ex-hunters who were also surveyed:

Twenty-four percent of inactive hunters and 22% of ex-hunters said a lack of Sunday hunting opportunities strongly or moderately took away from hunting enjoyment or influenced their decision to stop hunting.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Sunday hunting tops the list

We are obviously in agreement--but what happened to my sunday hunting thread,was it locked or deleted? It was there yesterday, but not today, did it strike a nerve in someone?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:15 AM

Good question. Looks like it just disappeared. Someone musta really flamed the issue overnight.

Considering the civil and well reasoned responses from those who support treating hunters fairly seven days a week, can only guess it musta been caused by someone who thinks otherwise.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the link Ruff. Sunday hunting is eventually going to happen

but I think it will still be awhile in coming.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see it on private land only.Let the few deer that are left on public land have a chance to survive.
Also if it passes make a reg like maryland has where you have to carry a written permission slip on private land.
Landowners won't be real happy to see nimrods hunting their land on sundays.{I know they should ask permission in the first place}
Well we all know that doesn't happen all the time.Gotta consider the landowners involved with this.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:43 PM

Dang germain. That sounds like a pretty discriminatory attitude for a hunter. Could you elaborate on why you feel hunters should be singled out as a class of citizens and required to carry written permission while ATV riders, equestrians, bikers and all others should be free of similar restrictions?
Old 02-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good question grouse.Actually I should have said everybody just not hunters-my mistake.As I understand it,the regs in Maryland require everybody have this written permission slip.Hikers,atv riders,flower sniffers,birdie watchers,hunters,etc.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Written permission should be required for anyone to tresspass anytime on another persons land. Any landowner could then add his own conditions (including allowing or prohibiting Sunday hunting) if he were so inclined.

As for public land, control the kill with tags and seasons but open Sunday up. I dont mean to ignore your idea Germain but smaller wmu's or maybe a tag system like DMAP would be better for public ground than continuing to hold onto the antiquated idea of prohibiting Sunday hunting. There is still public ground out there with too many deer and yes, there may be some that has been hit too hard. include all public ground in DMAP and control the kill that way.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:49 PM

Uh, I don't like the Idea of it being mandatory that I carry a written permission slip. I kinda compare it to the idiotic seatbelt law, if I die in a car accident, that's my stupidity. If a landowner wants me to carry a signed permission slip, I have noooo problem with that. But make it mandatory? I don't think so.

By the way, I do wear my seatbelt, and I have carried permission slips-[:-]

Quick Reply: Sunday hunting tops the list

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.