Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Something for ALL Pa hunters to think about...

Old 01-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Something for ALL Pa hunters to think about...

Well, it looks like Unified would rather see them spend it on legal fees[:'(]

This is sorta still on topic... This is a good example why we need a loser pays rule for lawsuits.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

T in PA apparently you missed the words in my post UNBIASED REPORT, I hardly think anything printed by the PGC is UNBIASED...do you,if so Hillary Clinton will want you on her voters list in '08
Old 01-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

It's not the damned deer IMO, it's the fact that the forests are maturing. When was the last time a forest burned by you? And I've been in those penned off areas...thick with seedlings yes, but that's what happens when you cut down all but a few of the largest trees. The new sprouts are from the trunks of previously existing trees.

I really have to question how much "damage" the deer can really do. Foresters have a term for the maturing of a forest. I forget what the term is exactly, but it seems that's more to blame for thinner forests than deer foraging.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:59 PM

if the DCNR wants a healthy forest then ehy don't they timber their darn forests. a healthy forest is a growing forest, a "old growth forest" is a dying forest . when do deer prosper the most... in a regenerating forest the DCNR says they can't timber more cause the forests will be eaten by the deer before they have a chance to be established again. BS twhen Pa was timbered flat within 15 yrs there were so many deer Pa was the "deer capital of the world" all that time trees were regenerating and todays forest are them
Old 01-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

They aren't timbering more because there's a push from the extremists for old growth forests.And these are the type of people that fast eddie is appointing in high positions.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

i think the only way to make sure PA gets the reporting they need with the report cards are to have a rule that people must sent them in or not be able to get a lic the following year....and watch how many send them in....the DMAP tags holders most do that if they want them the following year....it just sounds right.....................bob
Old 01-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bob1961, Great idea! make everyone file a year end report card or they can't get a license next year just like DMAP. Bet we'd get an accurate count that way!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a plan.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:08 PM

How does the PG prove that the card wasn't lost in the mail?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good point,it happens.How about online reporting?

Quick Reply: Something for ALL Pa hunters to think about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.