Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

mild winter in PA

Old 01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mild winter in PA

They blamed the extreme windchill the first two days (valid) and the heavy snow on the first Saturday (invalid, the hunting was greta that day!)
for the reduced kill I give em 2 out of 3. Those first two days were a bear. On the other hand, The first Saturday my son and I got 3 deer.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:44 PM

Pa's harvest stats will come out in March and will be lower than last year. That will be 4 years of straight drops in harvest, while pushing herd reductions.

Yet, even as we speak members of the Audubon Society and Penna. Habitat alliance are pushing commissioners for more reductions.

Hunters will have to speak up and contact both legislators and comissioners if they expect any 'balance'. After all the scales have been tipped towards herd reductions for several years now and at what point do hunters push back? 12dpsm?

It would be too late then, as we will have had a lot drop out.

There is a big power grab going on in Harrisburg right now, when Audubon released its report with the assistance of several sportsmans groups in the habitat alliance. They would not only like nmore herd reductions, but thier report also says the PGC should no longer be funded only by hunters.

http://www.pennlive.com/columns/patr...5317326490.xml
Old 01-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Chickory there are some posters here that are actually supporting the audubon because they feel it's adgenda will lead to better horn hunting for them.
These are the self centered egotistical types that have no more interest in future hunting than to serve their lust for horns.
IMHO these are the exact type of people that are giving hunters a black eye an should be shed from the roles of hunters everywhere! Uly
Old 01-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please Stay 'On Topic' with no negative comments that might instigate a confrontation or flame war with other users.

Thanks AJ52
Old 01-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Well the ones who we will lose will be those who just are fed up with not seeing deer. Whether it is because of Audubons attempt at a powergrab and pushing for more herd reductions or some hunters groups who want more herd reductions. Either way it will turn some hunters off, and we will as a sport, be worse off.

Mild winter or not...