Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Old 01-10-2005, 01:28 PM

Default RE: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

you miss the point of my denying a buck in a youth hunt entirely. The object is to get kids out and get them some "action" while helping to eliminate some doe.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wingbar in this thread regarding AR

it's just a vocal minority that cares if it did work.
I never killed a deer that was not a quality deer. quality is a choice!

Pa is loosing hunters each year, demand those remaining hunters to follow AR if they don't wish to and eventually you loose more! then how is the PGC going to keep the herd in check?
Sounds like he's against AR, but wait......

In his thread a few days ago asking for STRICTER AR

Now that the good Dr has gone public as to the truth of why he left the agency (because he wasn't willing to meet his boss's, the Board of Comm. adgenda) It may be a good time to approach those same bosses with a request for true AR in the state of Pa. on 1/23 at the public input section of the winter meetings.
Following are a list of suggestions I will prepare as my request:

1. all hunters will abide by the same AR
a. doing away with current "any buck" for Jr. and servicemen/women

2. the same WMU point restrictions (3 in most 4 in western)

3. a "buck" tag must be used on any male deer
a. a button buck needs to be tagged as a male deer

4. when a WMU's DD is above that WMU's goal all hunters must "earn a buck" by killing an anterless deer in that WMU before attempting to kill a antlered deer
Does ol Wingbar/Uly really stand for anything besides a conflict?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not from PA so bear with me here. The big stink seems to be that it is tougher to tag a legal buck because of antler restrictions right? But you can still tag a doe instead? Well up here in Ontario we only wish we had 1/2 of the deer you have available to you. I can only shoot a doe if I draw a tag and in my WMU which is in the traditional forested areas the odds of drawing said doe tag runs from a low of 10% to a high of 50% based on the sverity of the past 3 winters. We consider ourselves lucky to see a few deer in a week of hard hunting. We fill every doe tag we get because quite frankly many years thats all you would see. To me any deer is a great thing and a buck is a bonus if its truly a wall hanger. If its not the rack goes on a beam in my garage. Can't eat racks, at least not and enjoy it. I say be happy, shoot any legal deer, make sausage, BBQ some steaks and if someone shoots a whopper then he buys the drinks that night
Old 01-10-2005, 03:16 PM

TM: You are correct any deer is a trophy no matter where you hunt.
BT: the topic of this thread is "how many won't hunt Pa again because of ar"
the topic of the thread I started refers to strichter AR regs two different issues both of which I have opinions on, none of which is to give kids a youth weekend to kill sub Ar bucks

******I would suggest you stop the personal attacks towards me and the insinuations that my uncle and I are one and the same. your tactics are a tad borish if not childish, I would hope the moderators have taken heed of them once more
Old 01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

BTBowhunter and wingbar. Lets put an end to this bickering right now. How bout it guys?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Point taken Mdbowhuntr. Got carried away! My apologies to all

TerryM,
Anytime you want to come to Pa and tag a few of our deer, you are welcome. Give me some notice and I'll be glad to show you some of my honey holes. I still owe you a bunch for all your help on the caribou hunting!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anytime you want to come to Pa and tag a few of our deer, you are welcome. Give me some notice and I'll be glad to show you some of my honey holes. I still owe you a bunch for all your help on the caribou hunting!!!
Glad to help you out! May take you up on your invite also someday. Take care.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:33 PM

the end result of all this is for stronger numbers of deer right? ok well the bottom line for that is simple you need mature animals to breed to reproduce and replenish your population in pa so where does it make sence to take out the immature animals for your personal gain? i mean unless its that bad where you dont have any other means of food. think about it. breedable animals is the key to population increases. but go ahead and smack down the bucks that have only had the chance to breed one year or not at all and see where that gets you. instant gratification will do nothing for longevity. this reply is for wingbar
Old 01-11-2005, 04:34 AM

va the idea of killing off all the 1.5 yr. bucks to the point of harming the herd is absurd! where do you think the 2.5 an older bucks have been coming from all the pre AR years?
Like I said you want to pass on 1.5 yr old bucks in your hunting area of Va that's your choice. If I or the majority of hunters in Pa choose to shoot OR pas on the first buck that comes by that is our choice ,is it not?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:40 AM

yes it is totally your choice what you shoot but what im getting out of the responses from people about the ar's in pa is that they are complaining of the laws to help replenish the deer numbers but yet they still want to shoot everything they see. it doesnt matter to me personally what happens in pa since i am not intrested in hunting there but i see the results of correct management on my land here it didnt happen from shooting immature animals.

Quick Reply: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.