Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Old 01-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

We are like Fox News. We report - you decide!
OK here's a bit of "no spin" calculating using DD's numbers which I'll assume to be accurate.

61000 guys that didnt get a buck cause of AR less 9400 that got 2.5 bucks = 52,600 that didnt get a buck because of AR.

There were 965,000 licenses sold not 800,000(right from the PGC annual report) 965,000/52,600= 18.34 means that one out of eighteen hunters didnt get a buck thatv used to because of AR. Or you could say that that 5.45% of guys who used to get a buck now dont because of AR.

When you swipe the "we report you decide" tag line from Fox news, you need to present both sides. The idea is supposed to be fair and balanced

I decided, Sounds like a good trade!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:06 AM

here's a question old Bill might ask an expect a no spin answer:
Why do the horn mongers think it is ok to dictate to those that hunt for meat to force them to pass on any buck??? Reminds me of the same logic that says take down the Nativity and put up a Star of David
Old 01-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why do the horn mongers think it is ok to dictate to those that hunt for meat to force them to pass on any buck???
Cause it's good for the herd. Notice the "horn hunters arent saying pass any deer, just pass the immature bucks. Big difference.

I'd bet that old Bill would ask "whats wrong with eating a doe"
Old 01-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

because doe tags are quite plentiful.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Spike

In WV we don't have AR but I pass up 15-20 yearling bucks a year because I hunt for meat. We have been weighing deer for the last 12 years and I have never seen a yearling buck, not even an 8 point yearling, that weighed over 105 #. But our 3-4 year old does all weigh over 110#. Anyone who says they are just shootin that little buck for meat is shortchanging themselves because they would be getting more meat from an adult doe. I pay 58$ to get my deer cut up this year. That's for a 45# doe fawn or a 160# buck. Thats one reason I shoot adult does and bucks is to get my monies worth from the butcher. I would never take an eighty five pound spike if I was REALLY hunting for meat.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:31 AM

I like young buck meat, you like old tuff buck meat good for you,but every 1.5 yr old 6 I see is getting smacked
Old 01-10-2005, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: wvdeer4u

In WV we don't have AR but I pass up 15-20 yearling bucks a year because I hunt for meat.

that would be a great rule for pa too. If you wanna pass on deer, feel free. I love the idea of voluntary AR.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: chickory

that would be a great rule for pa too. If you wanna pass on deer, feel free. I love the idea of voluntary AR.
PA had volunteer AR forever, it didn't work.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:17 PM

it's just a vocal minority that cares if it did work.
I never killed a deer that was not a quality deer. quality is a choice!

Pa is loosing hunters each year, demand those remaining hunters to follow AR if they don't wish to and eventually you loose more! then how is the PGC going to keep the herd in check?
hunting is a management tool, used to harvest the excess,anyway that's what my uncle Uly taught me. Not a king's sport to inflate an ego!!
Old 01-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

And those that don't care are part of the problem rather than the solution.

But in the youth hunt thread wingbar, your denying youth small bucks...isn't that a talking a Kerry.....?

Quick Reply: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.