Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Old 01-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

if one of your so called "hunters" is on stand with a buck and doe tag and a doe comes by at 20 yards and is trailed by a monster buck that stands a hundred yards out.....there isn't a single "hunter" here that wouldn't wait for that buck and hope for a doe later....
Hogwash!!!!

Would you elaborate?
Old 01-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

How can you speak for people you don't know? Do you know what people have in thier minds when they set afield or how they will react? You can't possibly think all think as you. This statement might be what we think but it is not reality. But that is JMO .
Old 01-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

well rob, ya stumped me. (That entire statement is a dead horse argument because as far as I'm concerened, no one is a meat hunter entirely......if one of your so called "hunters" is on stand with a buck and doe tag and a doe comes by at 20 yards and is trailed by a monster buck that stands a hundred yards out.....there isn't a single "hunter" here that wouldn't wait for that buck and hope for a doe later.... ) because unlike pa, come rifle season, or muzzleoader season, in vt, we can only shoot a buck, and then only one. so, i guess that arguement isn't as simple as you may have hoped for, not everyone is fortunate enough to have such a problem. and as far as seeing two bucks running together, we are lucky to see one buck the entire season, let alone of having the luxury of choosing between two.
(Does that mean because I'm from PA I can't respond either?)
YES, THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS, SAID IT THREE TIMES NOW. if you won't hunt down there because of the restrictions and lack of deer sightings compared to what you are used to seeing, or know of someone that won't, this is the place to speak up. sorry, but it really bugs me when you guys take for granted just how good your hunting is, and complain, day, after day, after day about. i bet two days can't go by without a new post being put up, or responded to, about your herd. pa really, really needs there own forum, or to be put into say the midwest, which is where they truly belong.
Pat
Old 01-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: vtbuckrulrss

(Does that mean because I'm from PA I can't respond either?)
YES, THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS, SAID IT THREE TIMES NOW. if you won't hunt down there because of the restrictions and lack of deer sightings compared to what you are used to seeing, or know of someone that won't, this is the place to speak up. sorry, but it really bugs me when you guys take for granted just how good your hunting is, and complain, day, after day, after day about. i bet two days can't go by without a new post being put up, or responded to, about your herd. pa really, really needs there own forum, or to be put into say the midwest, which is where they truly belong.
Pat
Sorry ,vtbuckrulrss I didn't realize you owned this particular post and that PA residence are not allowed to post to it....I'll do my best to moderate your personal post to keep PA residence out.[&:]

One thing I can't argue about with you is, about all the whining from PA hunters on this board and if you take the the time to research it, you've never seen me complain once about my PA hunting, in fact I'm just the opposite and I too am tired of all the PA complaint posts, it's getting ridiculous as far as I'm concerned and at times am embarrassed of how PA hunters are complaining. In that respect, I agree.

However, PA will not and does not need it's own forum. On behalf of HNI, it's unfortunate that PA outnumbers most the country in sheer hunter numbers and by ratio, there are alot on this site but they are part of the NE and I've attempted to lessen the PA redundancy posts by locking and deleting but you won't see me make a post and then say no Vermont residence need or can reply to it because this is an open forum.

I didn't condemn your complaint about PA complainters but did however question the statement about meat hunters. I find "meat hunters" to be a rediculous statement given the example set forth about and that my fellow mod chose to belittle me for but I stand behind. It might not even be the way I think but what I know to be true through human behavior....tell me, vtbuckrulrss if you did have the opportunity to see two bucks together, one large and one small, which would you harvest for meat?

And Rick, If one owned a buck/doe combo tag and a doe stood with a monster buck at 50 yards in an open field, what do you think a rifle hunter would shoot? A 5pt and a B&C 10 pt for that matter? I don't think my statement was "hogwash" but the reality of it is, the buck would fall before the doe and the larger buck would fall before the smaller one. The only exceptions to that would be a hunter passing it in hopes his fellow co hunter would score on it, or....to let it grow....either way, it's not being a meat hunter.....there's always another agenda. But you are entitled to your opinion and I wouldn't call your opinion "hogwash" in an open forum. But that's just me and my opnion.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes vtbuckrulrss I can read, I'm not from Vermont! When you take over as moderator you can preside over responses made on posts from people like you that has no idea what they are talking about. Tends to piss me off when outsiders ("THAT HAVE NEVER HUNTED IN PA") put thier two cents in on a subject they have no knowledge about just to see their post on a forum. You hunt here than you have an opinion, but at this time you just want to rattle the trees and badmouth Pa. Do us all a favor and stick to subject you are fimiliar with, like suckin the sap out the the maple trees in Vermont. You and your "BUDDIES" just keep hunting in game rich state of Vermont and stay out of Pa . The world will be a better place. We really don't need anymore negative imput, especially from someone who has no idea what they are talking about.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:21 AM

I have hunted outside of shenendoaha pa where i have a couple cousins and i will say this. pa is crazy with the amount of hunters not mention fishermen as well. i know something needed to be done there. and if the complaint is too many hunters then maybe this is a perfect way to loose your hunters cause you will loose hunters and hunting support by volume but like i said maybe thats the best thing. maybe the problem is just too many hunters. i just know and have seen it done in other states that if you push too hard and try too much too fast you may get even tougher restrictions then you bargained for especially if it keeps being an issue. sooner or later you may be in a full statewide permit lottery.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:15 AM

Sniper : Sucking the sap out of maple trees...........ROTFLMBO Great comment!
Old 01-08-2005, 10:16 AM

That is true VA, Pa does have too many hunters. Many are members of camps and farm properties where it is a social enjoyment to be with friends and family. I get as much enjoyment from meals together and helping a nephew drag one as any harvest I have made.....

And in pa the licenses will drop as a result of AR, many people I talk to do not like it at all and would rather not purchase a license if it means hunting under AR. After all my nephews can still walk the woods, bike, enjoy fishing and the outdoors.... they just don't need to pay the state $86 to do that. For them the last years have been poor anyways, its not like they are missing much since the harvest of bucks has plunged in pa.

Bottom line for many is that they are seeing the same old racks they saw for 10 years, just a whole lot less of them.

And there is less each year.

Hunters will drop out anyways, as pa was having declining license sales anyways before Alt. But this will push some who were on the fence.

The ones who are left will have more opportunity, but also a larger burden to pay for it all.

....and our head deer manager wanted to start taking cash from greenpeace and soccer moms ot pay for the short-fall. I feel sorry for the guys who stick around to attend the deer meetings with Soccer moms and Greenpeace in attendance to say what hunting should look like...
Old 01-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

my fellow mod chose to belittle me for but I stand behind
It's not belittleing you Rob and if you take it that way sorry. Would you have chosen the belittle word if it was said by anyone other than another mod? Does being a mod make me have to keep my opinions to myself? I think you are trying to put up a perfit situation to justify your statement such as the following one where you added the words rifle hunter.

If one owned a buck/doe combo tag and a doe stood with a monster buck at 50 yards in an open field, what do you think a rifle hunter would shoot? A 5pt and a B&C 10 pt for that matter?
Not every hunter will be presented with that situation. Here is your original statement

if one of your so called "hunters" is on stand with a buck and doe tag and a doe comes by at 20 yards and is trailed by a monster buck that stands a hundred yards out.....there isn't a single "hunter" here that wouldn't wait for that buck and hope for a doe later
Notice the omission of the words Rife hunter and the inclusion of "there isn't a single hunter. I assumed by that statement you ment all hunters bow included. Assuming that, IMO I don't think all bow hunters would wait for a buck 100 yards out with a doe at 20.
I am not belittleing you but rather debating you for a clarifaction, no harm intended, please accept my apoligies if you were offended as it seems you were.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:22 AM

when we take money for any program for hunters from anyone but hunters the death toll will peel for hunting on public land!
That was Alt's mistake letting groupd other than the hunters whom he worked for make the calls for deer reductions!

Quick Reply: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.