Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Old 01-12-2005, 06:15 PM

Default RE: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

The smarter does survive, then they pass on their superior intelligence to their young.... the buck offspring is smart enough to survive the same way....a few years later.... viola! better racks.

just asked my 12 year old, he understood it.
In 2003 197K adult doe were harvested ,which was more than the entire anterless harvest in 1999. So much for your ridiculous smart doe theory.

In 2003 ,85% of the 2.5+ buck were harvested . So much for your smarter buck theory..

Is your 12 year old half as smart as you? That would explain why he might understand waht you posted.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

In 2003 197K adult doe were harvested ,which was more than the entire anterless harvest in 1999. So much for your ridiculous smart doe theory.
I suppose the dumb ones are all that's left

In 2003 ,85% of the 2.5+ buck were harvested . So much for your smarter buck theory..

Proof???

Is your 12 year old half as smart as you? That would explain why he might understand waht you posted
Tryin my best to stay civil so I'll let that slide. But at least he's smart enough to spell simple words
Old 01-12-2005, 06:50 PM

quote:

Proof???
Try reading the PGN or the PGC press releases . We carried over 80 K bucks from 2002 and harvested 62K 2.5+ buck in 2003, Reduce the 80K buck by just 15% due to normal adult non-hunting mortality and what harvest rate do you get?

Tryin my best to stay civil so I'll let that slide. But at least he's smart enough to spell simple words
Your son may definitely be better at typing that I am , and one day he may even be a clerk/typist, but that still doesn't prove that either you or him are capable of understanding the basic elementary principles of deer management.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM

DD

so your saying if i shoot 2 bucks and one is 5yrs old and the other is 3 yrs old then because of age the 5yr old will have a bigger rack? also as far as nutrition goes there are alot of things that deer eat that are available for nutrition. just because there might not be farmland around doesnt mean they are not eating good. im just wondering if what you are posting is applied knowledge or just what you read cause you keep saying the statement "weve been told: and "they say". im speaking out of applied knowledge. im not saying i know everything but i have been managing the deer i hunt for years and i have some of the nicest deer in the area that stick to the farm. and another thing if it is strong genetics that cause the big racks then please answer the post i wrote which broke down the genetic code for pieds and albinos and explain to me why some albinos and pieds have big racks. and hate to break it to ya but just cause a deer gets to be 5 yrs old that doesnt mean he is going to have a big rack. some bucks dont ever grow anything substantial and can live just as long. i wish i could figure out how to transfer my video footage from the farm of the groups of bucks during velvet this past summer just to show you what growing big bucks are all about on free ranging land without supplements and foodplots. youd be amazed what alittle patience would produce.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

youd be amazed what alittle patience would produce.
That seems to be a problem too many here in PA. No patience.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:28 PM

yea thats what it sounds like. we reap what we sow
Old 01-12-2005, 07:30 PM

oh man i just noticed. im a racked buck now. not to bad. i must be really old or good genetics. what do you think DD? lol
Old 01-12-2005, 08:48 PM

your also now eligible to be shot
Old 01-12-2005, 09:04 PM

yea i know i better not venture in the woods in pa since so many people want to shoot young bucks id be ripe for the pickin
Old 01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wingbar

liv: I can't honestly say as I recall how healty a spike was or not but I do recall that when mixed with 15% pork trimmings and some seasoning then stuffed in casings those spikes were just as tasty as any rack buck I've killed.........even better if I just came out a some wild pipe stuffings patch with buzz flies in my head!
Probably safer to wait till you get home to start smokin it!

Quick Reply: how many won't hunt PA again bc/ of ar's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.