Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

insight trickling out...

Old 01-06-2005, 02:47 PM

Default RE: insight trickling out...

Maybe Alt & Kerry can run Hillary's next campaign
Old 01-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Deer902

I hope the next guy to step up continues with the program and makes the needed changes to make everyone happy.
That ain't ever gonna happen...any time ...anywhere....
Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

902 I think you underestimate the average hunter out there. I still believe it is a passionate and loud minority that is resisting better management.

It aint a majority just because a few here say it is! Lots of hunters are happy with the way things are headed.

Didnt the media have us convinced that it was inevitable that John Kerry was gonna be prez???

A noisy enough minority can give false impressions!!

well..... the PFSC is the largest sportsmans group in pa. And thier spokesman is Ray Martin. he addresses the PGC at almost every meeting are you trying to spin that he is a tiny minority?

"Ray Martin, a director with the Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, the state's largest sportsmen's group, believes the time is right for Alt to leave. While Alt tried to do what he thought was right, deer numbers have dropped so low that they're "almost an embarrassment, almost a disgrace."
Old 01-07-2005, 04:11 AM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

It aint a majority just because a few here say it is!
You including yourself in that?
Old 01-07-2005, 05:25 AM

....if you spent 1/10 the time scouting as you do complaining about this HERO you might shoot some deer. Alt is a HERO....period.....he went against the majority and the deer herd in PA is better because of him...PERIOD....uly/wing....you obviously don't go in the woods at all, since you are on this site 24/7 PATHETIC...I question whether or not you are even a hunter. Are you just a person that looks for arguments?
Old 01-07-2005, 10:17 AM

Are you just a person that looks for arguments?

hehehe, that was pretty funny coming from you that is.

Sounds like a personal problem to me so I will get this thread back on topic, which was the insight that is trickling out of Harrisburg that our former deer manager quit because he was disgruntled and not getting his way. And he is was in favor of taking the funding of the PGC away from hunters in an effort to get around them.

Now my question is...... if the commissioners last year they did not want the PGC merged into the DCNR and Fish Commission, nor did they want the legislators re-orging them to accept general fund money (they said they wanted to stay autonomous and a single agency), then isn't it a good thing Dr. Alt left as he was in opposition to the wishes of the commission on that issue. And...... what does our Exec Director say about taking funding from taxpayers and allowing hunters to be assigned second class citizen status in pa since they no longer would pay the bills......???

Should the commission ask that question of the Exec Director, and address that question at the january meeting?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

well..... the PFSC is the largest sportsmans group in pa. And thier spokesman is Ray Martin. he addresses the PGC at almost every meeting are you trying to spin that he is a tiny minority?
Was a county rep for a coupl've years for a club that belonged to the PFSC and know from the meetings there that grassroots rank and file opinion doesnt always come out.

Oh and in case you didnt know, less than 2% of hunters belong to any organization. This is sad to say, but It aint spin. Organized sportsmen ARE the minority.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:17 PM

I agree that not a lot of guys belong to clubs.... but when the largest of those clubs with 60,000 members makes a statement like they did, they are representing a lot more than just thier own paying membership. They are speaking for alot of mainstream hunters who do not pay dues but feel the same way.

Ray Martin and Melody have been strong supporters of change, of the PGC and when they and thier members make that strong of a statement it does get the attention.

At one time in pa the Federation had a lot of clout, that is not as true anymore, but they still are a representation of mainstream sportsman in pa. And I am not about to put them down for speaking out for what sportsmen want in pa, lord knows hunters are
not getting much help these days.

I have gone to enough meetings to know that this change of attitude from the organized groups is HUGE to the testimony that will be given to the commissioners. They were
some of the last groups to try and give Alt all the room he wanted. To give him a chance.

And when PFSC says its "an embarassment"...... then the emporer has no clothes!
Old 01-07-2005, 01:23 PM

they still weild plenty of clout! Any org with 60,000 members talking to legislators is a tremendous POWER.
They've already proven to some of the commissioners just how much of a force they are ...by just making rumblings as to how they feel the deer managent is being handled...Alt chose to Cut 'N Run
Old 01-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chic,

I am from MN and curious to know what happens to your state. From all the readings I am siding with those that favor the reduction.

Quick Reply: insight trickling out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.