Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season January

Old 01-05-2005, 06:45 PM

Default DE Archery Season January

Well guys, we're in the home stretch. After what happened New Years Eve, i'm looking for some redemption. Hoping it will happen this weekend.

I had to get my drivers liscence renewed so I took a half day and got it done. Afterwards, I dumped some corn by the stand. The deer appear to be hitting the area hard even though its been pretty warm. Maybe the good lord will see fit to give me another opportunity. If not, its been a fun season.

Anyhow, from what I've seen on the private land where the pressure hasnt been too bad, the deer have herded up and are traveling in groups of 6 - 10. Havent seen any bucks at all. Mostly does and buttons. On the public land, I havent seen any deer movement during the light hours. If it gets cold, I think this might change. But as long as highs are in the mid to upper 50s, like predicted next week, movement will be after dark.

Since the freezer is still empty, I will be hauling out the 12 gauge for the late gun season. But, i really want another shot with the bow. Now Im planning 4 bow trips and 3 gun trips weather permiting. Hopefully things will work out.

Keep the reports coming. Its been quiet on the DE front. Tired of seeing the PA guys hogging the forum...
Old 01-07-2005, 06:17 PM

Default RE: DE Archery Season January

My father and I headed out today for a PM hunt. Hunted 2:15pm til dark. All was quiet.

If the rain ends like they say, i'm going to give it another try tomorrow. Im not that optimistic because there were no new pictures on the trail cam which I put facing the corn pile. The corns been hit hard, but there are alot of coons in the area.

Cant shoot them while sitting home watching football though, so if its not wet, i'll be out there.

Anyone else venturing out????
Old 01-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I might get out for late shotgun, got to check the book and see when it is, my luck it is thw week I am teaching....
Old 01-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Spike

been keeping track in sj, so keep your hopes up and watch smaller does around 10 th
january some off the young deer might still come into estrus and pull a nice buck out
Old 01-08-2005, 10:28 PM

It was a cold sit this afternoon once the rain stopped. Hunted 2:15pm until dark. I saw a couple deer on the neighboring farm and the trail cam had been tripped the night before, so there's hope for next weeks shotgun season. Besides from that, the only thing that came in range was a wounded snow goose that walked right under the stand. I actually drew on it but It never stopped walking for a shot. That would have been a story if i could have pulled that off

Hanging up the bow until the 29th. Need to pull out the 12ga to try and get some meat in the freezer before its all said and done. Will start another thread for shotgun.

Keep the archery reports going here! Good Luck to all.