Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

70 yrs of good - 5 of bad

Old 01-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default 70 yrs of good - 5 of bad

Pa's deer management has not made a change in 70 of the last 75 yrs. Look at the results of the last 5 yrs.
Now go to Elmerton Ave on Jan 23,24,25 an tell them you as a $$ supporting member you want smaller WMU an the promised cuts in anterless tags.
BUT! don't stop there!!!
It is the legislators that hold the purse strings tell them too! Tell them no $$ for mismangement. Remember they are elected positions. And I've never met a politican that didn't want to be re elected!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:21 PM

Default RE: 70 yrs of good - 5 of bad

70 years of mis-management is 70 years too long.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:00 PM

U, what has changed on your property in the last 5 years? Do you farm? If so what type of crop do you have?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

do I farm naw I just sit here an type all day. I am able today to produce three times the amount of product than I did in the 50s on 1/3 less the amount of ground. The PGc has done nothing in that same amount of time but watch it's trees grow! Why weren't they actively regenerating their forests? Why did/do they timber <1% of their forests for new forest growth? Mismanagement is the answer, no way around that.
Here's an example while they sat back an lost Beech an Hemlock to acid rain and aphids why didn't they replant a tolerant variety of mass producing timber? They just didn't care or else they were poorly managed either way today both beech an hemlock among others are in danger. When they could have been timbered and replanted. Why? cause Beech has little value as a timber hardwood. now what does that tell you about management for the resources and hunters? The PGC just is not worried about hunters
Old 01-04-2005, 02:20 PM

The PGC just is not worried about hunters
The can't be.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

it can be and is! I got a sister lives down near Madison in Monroe county. There is state gamelands along the Blue Mtn ( don't ask me what # I don't know) not a thing has been done on that land since she lives there over 50 yrs. with the exception of widening trails to accomodate mtn bikers,hikers,bird watchers, etc.. her husband went there 2 yrs ago, ( he has since past away) to hunt squirrels one October day. He got run off the Gamelands by hikers and mtn bikers whom called police that a man was walking around carrying a shotgun. The police actually came an questioned him. how did the PGC ever allow so much use other than hunting that hunters can't even go on there to hunt?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 PM

FYI, the bikers have been banned from the SGLs except on the roads.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

FYI who is there to patrol an stop them? less DWCOs now than at any time, less maintanence workers,less land managers, etc.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:11 PM

Sounds like he need to "grow some" if he got run off by some bikers. Maybe it runs in the family.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

my grand daughter is 32 yrs old and a mtn biker, jogger,etc. trust me that gal is in shape she could kick both our butts and a few of our pals just for fun.
I'd hate to pi$$ her an a couple of friends off!

Quick Reply: 70 yrs of good - 5 of bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.