Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

70 yrs of good - 5 of bad

Old 01-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Default RE: 70 yrs of good - 5 of bad

What's she doing running her Dad off the gamelands for?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

A hunter, carrying a weapon, legally using the GAME LANDS for what is intended, is run off by a couple of bikers, who are illegally trespassing and are interfering with a legal hunt, which is against the law by the way, and a police officer assists the bikers in their criminal act of interfering with a hunter.

Sounds like phooey to me......

Unless that hunter has a severe inferiority complex (small bag of rocks)
Old 01-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

you young guys kill me, you're used to 1 or 2 siblings. Back when my parent Martha an James had their kids they had 11 of us. I got siblings and kinfolk all over the place.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

livbuck sounds like you need to wake up an smell the roses, what about the pot growers and such that use those same Gamelands. I have already had State Troopers ask me what I was doing going for a walk along a state forest road carrying a 22 over my shoulder trying to tell me that was illegal. just depends if the cop is anti hunting/gun or not!
Wasn't too long ago I read in Game News about some ex Green Beret having loot stashed all over the state on Gamelands in man made caves an such, guess that was phooney too huh?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

livbuck sounds like you need to wake up an smell the roses, what about the pot growers and such that use those same Gamelands. I have already had State Troopers ask me what I was doing going for a walk along a state forest road carrying a 22 over my shoulder trying to tell me that was illegal. just depends if the cop is anti hunting/gun or not!
Just tell 'em the truth old timer. You were collectin' some pipe stuffins from da mountin'. Which would explain 'lota tings.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

no stinking pipe I just pick wild mushrooms....oh the colors
Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeeehaww......yum yum.

Just funnin' ya old guy. And you happen to be a good sport to boot.
I almost kinda like ya now!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

i have to agree with ulysses, and i have never hunted in pa. i live in vt, and know many, many people that used to go to pa and hunt, because it was THE place to hunt, THE place to get a nice rack. and few of them would come home empty handed, EVER. no one goes there now, i haven't heard of only one person that i know traveling to pa to go hunting, and that is only because his folks live there, so he hunts when he goes to their house for thanksgiving. so what does that tell you? it tells me that the pgc's plan sucked pond water.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:56 AM

There used to be guys who came to pa for years from NH, to hunt in the camp three doors down from ours. They stopped coming down in the 2003 season. The camp was in a state forest and was severaly affected when concurrent seasons, AR and HR started. As the populations were not large in mature state forests, these were the guys first affected. You heard from them last year, but people tried to blow it off.

Now it has effected more areas, more hunters saw it this season and you see letters and emails pouring into state offices as a result.

Even if some of the regs were reversed today, the damage done will take a loooooong time to fix. Not just deer numbers, but in the lost hunters, and the lost trust that hunters once had in the state leaders.

Much of that will never be reclaimed...
Old 01-05-2005, 09:02 AM

I used to hunt in tioga Co. near Stoney Fork, up top of cobble Hill we camped on state forest land, every year a group of guys camped near us from NH. they quit coming here to and we quit going to that area because of low sightins of deer. That habitat was all acorns an browse and last year I hunted turkeys there. the acron crop was as good then as other years. But no deer to speak of,the result of too many doe kills