Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Info on New York Adirondack hunting

Old 01-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Info on New York Adirondack hunting

I am looking for information on deer hunting the Adirondack wilderness area in New York. I like to hunt the big woods of Northern Maine and New Hampshire. I track and still hunt as my preferred way to chase deer. Any information would be welcome. I plan to do some scouting this summer and hope to hunt the Adirondack zones this fall.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:49 PM

Default RE: Info on New York Adirondack hunting

G-lake. We never went up during deer season because we always have success here in the southern tier. We would go during bear season and see lots of deer. G-lake is off rout 8. Just before or after Piseco* lake, the town of Moorehouse or Hoffmister. when you turn off rout 8 you'll drive 2.7 miles on a fire road to a parking spot. Then you hike/backpack to the lake about 1/2 mile. So you’re really out there. The woods are open and hilly. You should check it out. Find it on a map and see what you like. I think this should fit your needs.

*Spelling[X(]
Old 01-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks amayerican I will check it out. I am used to hunting vast forrest and bog lands like in the paper company lands in Maine. There are no fields just miles and miles of thick woods. Hopefully I can find some spots in the Adirondacks that are similar.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I grew up in Plattsburgh and spent alot of time in the northern sections of the park. State land everywhere, not to mention snowmobile trials that go for miles are good for still hunting. One of my favorite places is Loon lake. You want to be out in the middle of nowwhere than that would be it. Seen some HUGE bucks there, then you got Chatagaue lake up in Lion Mt. Many many deer, all hard woods. You really cant go wrong with what ever area you choose to hunt, but pay close attention to the zone your in because the doe/buck rules are VERY different along with rules of weapon/sex per zone.

Hope it helps,
Old 01-06-2005, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would love to hunt the Adirondacks once in vmy life, I have been up a few times snowmo biling and in the summer time, Old Forge, Lake Placid, Schroon Lake, some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. An old, old friend of mine used to hunt up there on McCormick Deering land, wherever that was, always got a big buck.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:48 AM

djdkman i go to school in Plattsburgh and was always looking for a good place to hunt there. Never got the chance though to busy with classes etc. But this season im going to try my best to find a good spot, any other ideas since youre from that area?
Old 01-09-2005, 01:32 AM

RonM from DE I'll be going up this year again. Look me up in hunting/outfitters classifieds. I'm a union carpenter out of local 626 Delaware. I take a layoff every fall till March to hunt, trap and fish. I live in South Jersey.
ORIGINAL: RonM

I would love to hunt the Adirondacks once in vmy life, I have been up a few times snowmo biling and in the summer time, Old Forge, Lake Placid, Schroon Lake, some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. An old, old friend of mine used to hunt up there on McCormick Deering land, wherever that was, always got a big buck.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wild work you probably know some of my hunting buddies, George Naylor, I hunted for years with Claude Dohl..... both Union Carpenters
Old 01-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

my dad got this big 9 hunting near his camp by lincoln pond this year. it was a pig!

Old 01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Moose it is a moose, I can see it was so big they put out deer crossing signs, I see them in the back ground. About as big a deer as you're going to ge t up there, How much did it field dress....

Quick Reply: Info on New York Adirondack hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.