Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Info on New York Adirondack hunting

Old 01-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Info on New York Adirondack hunting

moose 1915 that is a really nice looking north country buck. What part of NY is Lincoln Pond located. I was talking to a guy today that hunts the northwest part of the adirondacks east of Colton. He said it was a really good area with lots of big bucks and vast land without a lot of hunters. Just what I like.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

lincoln pond is about 1-1+1/2 hours north of lake george. this was my dads first north country buck. after hanging at camp for 4 days he dressed out at 169. figure he lost a few due to drying out a bit. the antlers are pretty massive and tall, the pic does not do it much justice.

he and some buddies have a 100 year lease on some paper company land. he saw a spike the day before, decided to wait, and then at first light this bruiser walked up to him, 17 paces away. he got it with his old 1950's model 70 .308. (great gun!)

funny thing was he was going to use the bow and arrow, but figured he'd have a long shot in the area he was hunting.

he was happy as a little kid!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:16 AM

Yes, I know George. Don't know Claude. Living in Jersey and working on the other side of the big ditch, I meet alot of MD, DE and PA men. Put 10 together get 10 different views on life. I like the variety.
ORIGINAL: RonM

Wild work you probably know some of my hunting buddies, George Naylor, I hunted for years with Claude Dohl..... both Union Carpenters
Old 01-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Claude retired , lived in Newark, I heard he just moved to North Carolina, Has a son Danny who is caprenter but may not be 626 man, George has a camp in Tioga county, Pa, that I helped him build, started on it in 78, I would go up for a week in the summer and carpenter, take my son who was 12 at the time. I remember the first time I went up there I had not even cut the car off and George was running out to me , come on I want you to trim out these windows for me, and then start the flooring in the second floor. You know how he is , always on the move. It was fun, Havent been up there for awhile, have a place in Clinton County. His brother Duke is quite a shooter too.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Hey champlain, you talking about Carrie Flow?????South of Colton....?????I knew Lincon Pond sounded famialr, but that could be up in Lion MT. past denammora.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Dominant Buck

That area sound right djdkman. That would put it only about 2 hours from home. My goal is to try to hunt The Adirondacks this year instead of New Hampshire.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:53 PM

You might want to check into an area known as the Ceder River Flow. It is located near Indian Lake which is in Hamilton County. Hamilton County is known to produce some of the finest bucks in the Adirondacks. Check out http://www.adkhunter.com to see a real dandy that was taken in Indian Lake this past season. The Ceder River Flow is a remote wilderness area that is accessible by trail. Although this is a real vast area, you will probably have to hike in a couple of miles just to get away from the "near the road" hunters. That shouldn't be a problem for you as I've read some of your other threads and see that you are of the "Benoit Mold". By the way, I'm going to see them at the Yankee Sportsman Classic on Saturday. Be prepared to do some walking because you won't be able to drive any logging roads in search of a track. You can thank the good old Adirondack park Agency for that. Hope this was helpful for you. Check out my personal web site and scroll through the 2004 link to see a photo of an 11 pointer I shot near the Pharoah Wilderness area which is in the Southern Adirondacks.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the information Brian. I will be at the show on Saturday and plan to attend the Benoit and Bernier seminars. I am sure they will be showing parts of the DVD and have some great footage on slammer bucks being harvested. Nice 11 point buck. I got a charge out of your web site. Great idea to keep the traditions and memories alive.