Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WOW lots of action today

Old 12-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default WOW lots of action today

It warmed up enough today for me to venture out in the late season. I went out right after lunch. Sat in a brush line watching a swamp in a funnel. This is a private bow area only. By 4:30 I seen several groups of gun hunters walk thru. Really digusted. Right at 4:30 a gun hunter walked up to me . I said hey you realize this is a bow area only ??? He Said Yea,so what ?? Then he said Hey buddy I want a deer and no one is stopping my group.This land owner is a greedy jerk and we are getting him back. Then he said you should get out . Why I said I have permission and a land tag issued by the owner. Well he said goody for you,But do you realize there is a pile of corn 30 yards down this trail your sitting on. Thats illegal pops . We put it there to keep people away , So unless you want to be reported get the #$X^%% out. He said your a retard anyway that cant even walk. I was getting hotter and hotter under the collar by the second.I wish I could of just stood up and punched him in the chops. But I was so stiff from sitting I could get up real fast and I grabbed my canes and was going to shove it to him. Then I thought aint a good idea he has a cannon and all I had was my x-bow. 20 years ago I would wiped that creep all over them woods. Called the landowner when I got home. Ah he left for Arizona for the winter .
Old 12-30-2004, 04:15 AM

Default RE: WOW lots of action today

Next time, call the cops! He's committing a crime.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:39 AM

Hey I am sorry about your confrontation my friend. There are some real jerks out there that ruin it for others. I commend you for keeping your cool in that situation. Good luck to you the rest of the late season.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:41 AM

Seem like every year Cardeer has a story.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:46 AM

Cardeer- Sorry for your experience. It is sad but true that complete idiots do exsist in our sport. Maturity is a wonderful thing and often times saves us from doing things we may regret. I would still contact the local law enforcement and inform them of the happenings. My best wishes to you for a happy and healthy new year.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

should have called the police.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:29 AM

Nothing like trying to intimidate another hunter , I'm sure he felt like a man after that. Didnt get any vehicle descrips or anything ?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

They were back this morning just walking around the 2000 acres popping shots at running deer I quess. One walked by me and just ignored me and he did not have a license on his back.Every half hour or so I would hear a shot. I drove around and seen no cars that did not have the proper permit sticker on the window. But that would be easy to fake. I think they are dropped off by someone. When they are all over the 2000 acres and always moving , no cops going to waste their time all day waiting for them to exit somewhere. And well the PGC still has not called me back from last years poaching problem I called them about.In 3 years of calling the PGC office about poaching they never came to see me and the shooting continues to this day. I'm to old to do their job. I aint getting shot over them idiots
Old 12-31-2004, 11:48 AM

One word cardeer, Cellphone! or is that two words?

Not that the CO would show up in time( if there the same way in pa as they are in my neck of the woods) but that's the best bet. Let them get out of sight and then drop a dime!