Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What has happened to Traditional PA Deer Hunting ?

Old 12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What has happened to Traditional PA Deer Hunting ?

that's easy: as long as they are going on state ground fine but when they head out to private land the PGC feels it is enough to ask landowners to put up with 6 days a week of people using their land already.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just what do you think Alt's AR / HR plan has done ? It has created a whole new generation of hunters that want to protect the doe so they have a better chance of harvesting a 2.5+ buck. Instead of elevating the status of harvesting a doe as Alt claimed he would do ,he elevated the status of harvesting a 2.5 buck and made a doe the consolation prize for those that hunt the SGL's and 2 G.
Only you could come up with some whacked out rationale like that. I don't even know how to reply to that one.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

as long as they are going on state ground fine but when they head out to private land the PGC feels it is enough to ask landowners to put up with 6 days a week of people using their land already.
What about people who own land and want to enjoy it 7 days a week. Guy owns hunting land and wants to hunt it for a weekend....oh that's right he can't. Only one day and turn around and come home. Or don't these people count because they don't fit your argument?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sieg, Lets start from the top:
Food Plots - You don't have to scount, just park your butt in you heated treestand and shoot away.
Inlines - To much time and possible misfire with flintlock. To much trouble.
ATV's - Just look at the guys riding them. McDonalds best customers.
Semi autos - For those who can hit the barn with their butt against the door. Can you imagine how many unaimed shots they could get off. To populated.
Sundays - If you can't find them during the week, you sure would find them on Sundays.
Buck & Doe - Hey, if you can hit a buck, at least you can go home with meat.
I agree Sieg. Many HUNTERS in Pa. are to lazy to do what is necessary to harvest a nice deer. Why scout, cut lanes, sight your rifle in for just a couple of days hunting. Just ride your atv up to your tree at 9:00, cough, smoke and down a box of twinkies then head out so you can make breakfast at McDonalds before they set up for lunch.[:@]
Old 12-29-2004, 01:22 PM

Heck while we're at it lets all go back to horse and buggy, no electric and no gas furnaces. Everything changes, some good some bad. Get used to it.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's easy: as long as they are going on state ground fine but when they head out to private land the PGC feels it is enough to ask landowners to put up with 6 days a week of people using their land already.
If thats easy, heres an easy solution. THe landowner can say to hunters "Don't hunt here on Sunday"
That way we can hunt on Sunday, and landowners that don't want Sunday hunting can tell the hunters that they don't want people hunting on their land on Sundays.

Sunday hunting should be legal.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't get the ATV arguement. I have one, and I ride it I have also ridden it to a hunting spot or two. But for the most part I hunt SGL where you can't take them, period! If it's your land your hunting you can limit or forbid an ATV's use. If your on SGL noone can ride them. So where are you hunting that it gets your panties in such a bunch? Someone elses land that they gave you permission to hunt and they allow ATV's and you don't have one so you slam those that do? Get permission to hunt somewhere else!

And as for your Mcdonalds best customer remark...I say bwaa ha haaaa your barking up the wrong tree here, Pal.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old ways die because of majority rule. If the majority want things to change, they will. Old ways are useless when the old people who thought them up are no longer in it, and the new participants want it a different way. Simply the way it works in the real world. 200 years ago there was ONLY flintlock, cuz that's all there were. Those guys didn't even hunt for the fun of it. They would have said; "Hunt for fun! What the hells that?". Same as, " Run for fun! Never heard of such a thing!"
Old 12-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

PA rifle hunters are the reason I took up bowhunting, other than that, I don't have much good to say about them.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: PAhunter86

If thats easy, heres an easy solution. THe landowner can say to hunters "Don't hunt here on Sunday"
That way we can hunt on Sunday, and landowners that don't want Sunday hunting can tell the hunters that they don't want people hunting on their land on Sundays.

Sunday hunting should be legal.
You are from Lancaster, you read the editorials.
Southern part of the county, trespassers on private land gave the land owner a hard time.
Said that next year their land will now be posted for all hunters.

No matter what the law,
No matter who owns the land,
No matter what day it is,

Some Hunters will do what ever they want, when ever they want, where ever they want.

This kind of attitude gives all us hunters a bad name.

Quick Reply: What has happened to Traditional PA Deer Hunting ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.