Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season December

Old 12-28-2004, 06:43 PM

Default DE Archery Season December

I know its a little late for this thread, but there are a few days left.

Got the bow sighted back in this morning and headed out this afternoon. Saw about 11 deer from 2:45 - dark. Nothing ever got within bow range but it give hope for the next couple days. I'll hunt the same stand tomorrow and if the deer angle around me the way they did today, i'll move to a ground set up thursday. Its nice to be able to put a string of hunts together esp with deer moving this late in the season. I just hope the upcomming warm weather doesnt put the cabash on the whole thing.

The 50lbs of corn I put out on the 24th is GONE! They are really tearing it up. Here's hoping tomorrow will bring them into bow range.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:22 PM

Default RE: DE Archery Season December

My dad and I headed out today. I saw 6 deer come out into the field on the farm to the north right before sunset, but none graced our farm. Going to give it a break tomorrow and try again New Years Eve.

Encouraged by the amount of deer I'm seeing, but cant seem to catch a break. Looking at the calander, I figure I have 3 bow and 3 gun trips left weather permiting. I hope things change soon, or it will be the 1st year in a long while with no Venison. Thats why its called hunting though, not shopping..

Will post Fridays hunt when complete.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:48 AM

help me out...i am seeing deer between 11-12 in the morning. when are u seeing yours??? i huntied last week on my spot in NJ. i figured i would use my doe decoy and see what happened. well, this i what happened.

i set up and put the decoy out. i am going to keep this brief....at 12 pm i heard a snort...i looked to my right thinking it was a noise from a horse on the property next to the one i am hunting. wrong. the buck nervous as hell standing there looking at the decoy,,,,,wagging his tail though. i thought he would at least investigate it....NOTTTT. he spooked and took the 15 others, that i didnt see at first, with him....uGGGGGGGGG. i was in my ground blind and as they came around the back of me they must have seen it....well, the legs started moving really fast i am going to the trees next week and get in the lone wolf. i am going to need better socks...it was cold as heck.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:49 AM

we need more reports here....when are u seeing the deer??? what r they keying on in your area??? r they coming to the corn fields??? what time???

Lemond
Old 01-01-2005, 01:17 PM

Im seeing deer anywhere from 2:30pm until sunset in my area. Have heard no reports of morning deer movements.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:24 PM

I am seeing deer but nothing close enough to shoot at. Most of them in that magic hour, half hour before sunset till half hour after sun set. I hunt field edges and food plats this time of year.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:44 PM

glad to hear from u guys. i was going to hunt DE wed, but the weather looks a little suspect. i do not wantto stand hunt in weather like that. i might hunt form the trusty T2 blind though.

i just returned from an outfitter(outdoor) here in the king of prussia area. they had some nice winter undergarmets. exstatic wear and some nice thermals for under the hunting clothes. i think i might pick up some of them
this week.

Lemond