Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Some Pennsylvania doe pics

Old 12-26-2004, 12:47 PM

Default RE: Some Pennsylvania doe pics

Ulysses It is not any biggie to do what you say they are doing. I read a thread started by Buckmagnet where he shot a crippled buck this year with a gun on one of his food plots. Anyone else would do the same but not make up a thread saying I got my buck an give it's rack size as if to boast that he is some super hunter. My guess is he is a youngster with an ego problem.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I think your guess is correct.
Where do you hunt, I'm up here in 3a around Ulysses twsp you get up this way stop in. I would like to meet you show you around my farm.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:14 PM

Mike and Ulysses,

You go are just hillarious. Why don't you guys take a trip down to Indiana County next year and see what I am all about and where I hunt. I have my own property, but guess what, it isn't posted. None of the property I hunt has posted signs on it. I asked the land-owners for permission and they gave it to me. There is only one property that I hunt that is off limits to everyone besides my family and my best-friend, and that is not up to me, that was up to the landowner!

As far as food plots go, yep, I have about a half dozen of them planted now. What, am I a bad guy for giving these deer some extra food? Get a life!

wingbar,

Yep, I shot a buck that had both its front legs broke this year. It isn't the buck I was after, and I could have said "well, he isn't the biggun I am after so I ain't shootin him", but I did what any decent hearted hunter would do, I put him down and out of his misery! Yet again, if you find something wrong with that, you have a serious problem.

As far as starting this post to start a flame war, maybe, but it was everyones choice to open it up and read it.

Ulysses, do you hunt your own farm? If so, guess what, you are hunting private property! Hey, you must be one of them guys that "sit on their posted,patrolled, & private food plots sniping away"
Old 12-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

BM I thought I read wingbar's post where he said anybody would have done the same, in reference to your shooting a cripple. His intent as I read it was questioning why someone would do that an then post a thread about the deer and mention it was 20", etc....he's correct it read like a braggert's report to me too.

As to my hunting on my posted farm; I'll tell you what...you let your hunting patches UNPOSTED for the next 60+ years (like I did) an kill a rack buck everyone of those years; then you have the EARNED the right to make a comment like that about me. till then I must admit to agreeing with wingbar's assessment of you and your ego.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:28 PM

Buckmagnet I only hunt one place that is off limits to anyone but myself and my family too and it is 160 acres in Sullivan County 99% of all my hunting is done there. We plant it in soybeans and buckwheat. The other places I hunt are State Forests. I am pretty sure that is exactly what you do to. spend 99% of your time on private land and 1% on public land. Why won't you just admit to it. No body cares just be honest rather than trying so hard to come off as a super hunter that vies with everyone else for that wiley buck?
Old 12-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

iv'e been reading buckmagnets posts for a while now. the kid, hunts and fishes and practices like a madman. if he's got the time , the drive and ambition to go at it as hard as he does, then more power to him. i ENJOY seeing his pics, hearing his stories, he reminds me of myself. If you think it's an ego thing, fine. don't read his posts, if it bothers you that much!

personally, i won't read anything that Ulysses post cause i know it will be incessant whining and crying about the "herd management" . or bragging about blasting button bucks. whatever. talk about just trying to stir the pot!?

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK

sheesh!
Old 12-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

hey moose you seem to misspell the same words as BM, odd isn't that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
Old 12-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: ulysses

BM I thought I read wingbar's post where he said anybody would have done the same, in reference to your shooting a cripple. His intent as I read it was questioning why someone would do that an then post a thread about the deer and mention it was 20", etc....he's correct it read like a braggert's report to me too.

I like hearing about a deers size and antler size no matter how it was taken. Thats not bragging to me it's just giving details. Too funny!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:12 PM

wingbar, I do spend most of my hunting on private property, okay. Now, when I say private property, I am NOT talking about land that has posted signs, I am talking about land that somebody owns and I asked permission to hunt on. Like I have said, there is only one place that I hunt that is only hunted by my friends and family and that was the landowners decision as he didn't want any slob hunters on his property. The rest have other hunters who hunt them. Heck, the one farm I hunt on alot is open to all hunters as the farmer hates deer. In archery season, there are probablly about 10 guys hunting that farm and in rifle season, there are probablly close to 40 guys out hunting it!

Ulysses, fact is that you hunting on your farm which is un-posted is the exact thing that I do. I am private land-owners if I can hunt there property and if they say yes, well, I scout my butt off and hunt there. Heck, even my "honey hole" which is open to just my family and my friends doesn't have a posted sign on it.

You can sit there portraying me as having a huge chunk of property that has posted signs on every tree with acres upon acres of foodplots all you want, but like I said, that simply isn't true.

Now, as far as you and your 60 bucks. Congrats.... that is an accomplishment, but how is that any better than a young hunter who hunts in the same situation as you but just hasn't had the years to get as many bucks?

I think to many guys are getting private land mixed up with posted land. Private land is any land that is owned by a person, not the state, and it doesn't have to have posted signs put up and it doesn't mean that it is off limits to hunting.

As far as ego and immature go..... whatever you think.... you are now just trying to get under my skin but it ain't working. Keep the insults comming, I have heard them from you many times and they mean about as much to me as a empty soda bottle!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ulysses

hey moose you seem to misspell the same words as BM, odd isn't that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
nice try. notice when i joined the board.
now, unless buck magnet created an alter ego some time ago JUST IN CASE he had to match wits with a sherlock holmes type member , and have a psuedonym for anominity, then i guess you're right.
as far as misspelling the same words, i guess we're both just idiots and keeping good company.

these posts are entertaining , though, they help me pass the time at work.

thanks!
-moose

Quick Reply: Some Pennsylvania doe pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.