Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Old 12-31-2004, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

I'll drop the wannabes when I seeothers drop slognas like: Monster Whitetail Club, Team Wall Hanger, Trophy Man, etc.

902: One big advantage to being so dam old is I've lived thru so much you pups ain't even heard of such as when spikes weren't legal (the first time) when doe hunting originally fell before buck season, when doe hunting was closed altogether, when they (pgc) tried to open buck for 1 week close it open doe for 3 days and close it to open buck again, etc....all this "new found biologic studies" they have suddenly discovered of late was tried years ag and dropped. much the same as I assume this nonsense of today will be. Remeber when the Pgc originally promoted MZ season in October, or when they said bonus tags were only until herds leveled off ( only to report the first day of buck season every year that the herd has increased), etc.etc. well it's about time they repel some of this stuff now, but I doubt they will as it is $$ in the operating budget. $$ the Legislators under Rendell has decided the PGC doesn't need unless it is recreation for EVERY citizen. Rendell & Alt both no friend of the hunters!

Kill a BB just to make one less buck for the wannabes..that's the next rally cry.
Old 12-31-2004, 10:38 AM

U, it is too late form the PGC to turn 180 degrees and make things like they used to be. Your right, too much money tied up here and there and too many groups want different results. It is hard job to do and of it was as easy as some make it out to be then we wouldn't be discussing the issues at hand.

I personally don't have a problem with outfitters leasing property for huning purposes as long as they are fair chase, which all of BT's propertys are. The land owner makes money and keeps the deer in check on his land and many others get a chance at harvesting a "monster" buck of their dreams. I see no problem in that.
Team Wallhanger is just a team for the deer hunting contest and I don't know who Trophy Man is, but I'm guessing it's just a name he came up with for the board and isn't called that in real life.

Don't you dream of the "monster" your going to shoot the night before opening day? Doesn't that make you part of the club also?
Old 12-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing the "Trophy Man" comment was directed at me? If not i apologize, but if so thats just sad that im your going to chastize me for a forum name as i thought people were supposed to mature as they aged.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

dream of a monster???? why? I see one every morning when I look in the mirror...a BB killer, a monster, a miserable old man, and all the other names some of these wannabe Monster wallhanger trophy men call me! Know what I couldn't give a rat's a$$ what they call me I feel I'm doing the right thing killing BB an lettting big doe walk anas long as it's legal I'll smack them with the milk dripping off their lips!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:59 PM

Why don't you drop the button buck thing too. You've admitted that you don't shoot them and are just using that to get a rise out of others.

You make some good points in some of your post and I agree with you on alot of them. But when you post things like you did in your last post it puts you in a bad light. No one called you a monster. I was asking a question to prove a point.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Drop the BB thing, no way I can feel the heat from BT's brow every time he reads it, thinking I do it just to make one less MonsterWhitetailBuck available for his wannabes!
Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2005, 10:14 AM

Killing a button buck in a small herd is better than killing a big doe in a small herd. Typically in bad winters, button bucks are the first to go. If the population was larger, as it was several years ago, I would then say, pass on the button buck and kill a big doe. With the population as it is. Killing a big doe is like kill 3 deer for next year. I agree with you ulysses. BTW, if you live in ulysses PA, I love fishing in that area. For the last 40 years my Dad and I fished in Genny River there. He passed away a month ago, you can bet I will be fishing there reminiscing the times we had together. Isn't that what hunting and fishing is all about anyway? Quality time with loved ones in God's Country!
Old 01-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

I find most of the responses but the arm chair biologist humorous to say the least. There are just too many people who think buying a hunting license gives them the right to kill any animal.
Most of Pa.'s forests are very ill with a reduction in deer pop. and some much need selective cutting the only way of bringing them back. That along with outlawing feeding of any big game animals ,deer ,bear,turkey, by any individual. I always hear how poor the hunting is on SGL or state forest but little is said about the conditions of either. Here in the northeast you might see only a few deer on stateland ,but I could take you by the hand and show you a thousand der a day during the hunting season by going to two or three private communities in the same area.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

cattny: yes I do live in Ulysses or at least near to it, that Genny creek you spoke of has some nice browns in it. I always liked throwing a Mepps with a blue body and hackel an silver blade #1 for them.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Stop by my homestead next time you're in the area. We'll tip a glass of Black Velvet to fallen but not forgotten family. Then I'll show you a few of my favorite runs in the area. Ulysses
Old 01-03-2005, 04:15 PM

ulysses,

I am pretty sure that nobody called you a monster for shooting bb's. The thing that you have to remember is that you are saying "if it is legal, what is the problem", yet you will flame guys who legally shoot does in their hunting grounds. It can't always be a one way street. I have said it many times, I don't care if you shoot a button buck. Go right ahead, but don't complain about me shooting a doe! If it is your opinion that shooting a button buck in your area is better than shooting a doe, fine, but in my area, shooting a doe is better than shooting a button buck. You gotta remember that there will be different needs in each area!

Quick Reply: Alt Don't let the door hit you in the...........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.