Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Thank you Gary Alt! Best wishes in your retirement!

Old 12-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thank you Gary Alt! Best wishes in your retirement!

Bob; we all know your bitter over Alt's failures but bringing up his bygone bear research days doesn't justify his mistakes on deer.
I offered the hand of friendship you wish to slap it away ok, but no matter your hangups 'cause of my chosen career and where I planted my roots, have a Merry Christmas. I hope you enjoy that big mouthful of antlers at the Christmas dinner table. I'll be eating Button Buck backstraps an saying my blessings for them.
PS. what majority of hunters in the state is it you speak of...the 750 that were"polled" to show support for AR/HR. Would you like to do a poll today an see how many hunters support HR?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

he got them for black bear research
Old 12-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Since when did QDM give out awards for bear research?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not getting into trading insults with you over your bitterness. Besides I have a flintlock to get ready for the 27th must be a buck around here somewhere that's dropped his antlers.
my offer is still open, BTW I have noticed you never called that cell# I sent you . you seemingly wish so to disgrace me why not give it a call or drive over Bob. could it be your motive is not with old Ulysses but with ANYONE whom question his majesty Alt?
Stop over coffees always hot & Button buck in the pot!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

QDM (questionable deer management)
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Antler size does not determine dominance, age and body size does.
Am i the only one that doesn't believe this?? Antler size is a combination of two things. Better food and better genes. Better food certainly accounts for body size doesn't it?? with better food, comes bigger antlers??

If its going to have the exact opposite affect? why are there more 2.5+ yr old buck in the herd than there was before without them? (your one 2.5+ pr 5sq miles right?)
Old 12-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I think you are, antler size does not a dominate buck make. you watch too much Outdoor Channel.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted PA many years ago. Tons of Deer everywhere - all day!
My self and 2 family members scouted very large PA farm 3 yrs ago for potential hunt. Spot lighted and videoed 125+- deer in 2 nights on farm - Tons of Deer. Two family members went up and hunted the farm. They both came back and said every hunter on the property shot/killed/crippled anything and everything brown that walked! What a panty waste of superb hunting ground(Approx 800 acres)! We will never consider going back.

Sounds like there needs to be some fine tuning with the new regs up there in various zones. By the same token seems many hunters need to start changing attitudes. The brown is down mentality soley because you have a tag and PA has 1M+ - Deer can't and won't work forever.

I applaud anybody that makes a positive contribution to wildlife. Hats off to ALT,PGC and QDMA for assisting in making "change". It took alot of nadds to make changes considering the flak I'm sure they got from all the Nay Sayers,Whiners,Moaners,Arm Chair Biologists and Statisticians.

I'm not from PA,but I say give ALT a break for doing something Vs Nuttin.

My .02 for the day
Old 12-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Ulysis,

Is your main problem with Alt that he allowed for does to be killed? And because does were harvested, you think that means the population must decline?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

my offer is still open, BTW I have noticed you never called that cell# I sent you .
ok I've let this slide a few times. You know you've sent nothing. What I know about you has been learned from others here more adept than I at finding information. If you are sincere, go ahead and send it. I'l give ya a call or stop by.
Don't forget, as soon as I realized who you were, I welcomed you back.

I'll make ya a deal. You've been way better behaved than your old aliases MOST of the time. I wont mention your past if you hold off on the fibbin.

Quick Reply: Thank you Gary Alt! Best wishes in your retirement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.