Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

billion dollar industry

Old 12-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: billion dollar industry

I've hunted no harder to kill my 168 3/8" buck than I did to kill a scrawny buck many a time.
You need to realize not everyone is in awe of horns, it is the experience of the hunt we enjoy!
You say a spike is just as much of a trophy but you feel the need to tell us the score of your "big boy". Maybe not everyone here is in awe of horns but it appears you may be.

Oh, and you ought to at least be consistent in your fibs. Back in the old days, under a different name, you told us you had a couple of booners from your vast land holdings. You either ought not fib like this or you should have been better at concealing your identity when you snuck back in here.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

bt you seem to have a hair up your butt about me, you have my cell number give a call if you want to drive up an set a spell in my den. you may be eating crow.
Yep I got a couple booners but they don't mean as much to me as used to when I was young. BTW I also got a couple 'bou an a moose that make both P&Y and B&C also a blk bear and a mtn grizzly
As for your trying to bust on me cause I own a couple farms if you doubt it give the tax office a call. i sent you the imfo.
what is your problem anyway? You don't hunt on my land
Old 12-15-2004, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

No hair there!

Just aint gonna let ya get started with the fibfest!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

like I said check it out. how on earth would you know what is real and what isn't? you paying my taxes, you been peeping in my windows. you seem very worried about my property could it be Bob, that you aren't as happy with what Alt is doing to yours as you try to present to people
you're free to think of me what you like , but don't give yourself too much credit.
fact remains I got it,I done it and what you really fear is that the tide has turned on the outlook of Alt's HR
There was a time when antlers meant something to me too an I did my "booking" during a time when book bucks in Potter were not suppose to be around only scrwany scrub bucks 'cause of too many does. what does that tell you?
Like I said I had a good day today as I enlisted another big property owner up here to post 'til deer #s rebound, I'll sleep well...that is after I have some button buck backstrap for dinner
Old 12-15-2004, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Most of us know from your past escapades under other names before you got tossed from the board that you don't really own any land and quite likely don't have any influence on any landowner of any consequence.

Terry, if you behave, I wont remind the moderators who you really are, but lets not go down fantasy lane again!

If you have something you can prove that he is doing wrong, in accordance with moderator's rules, then do it. Otherwise, he is entitled to his opinions, just like you, buckmagnet, and a few others who hunt private land in your part of the state have given us your views.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:48 PM

MikeE51848,

Sure, he is entitled to his opinion, but so are BTB and I, along with you and everyone else!

Our ol'buddy Ulysses here has been a long time "member" on the northeast forums and like BTB said, he has had his run-ins with the mod's.

Here is a rule that he could be "skirting the edges on"....
No slanderous or libelous posts - Knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual are prohibited.

Here is another.....
No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on hunting, archery or firearms. Anti-hunting and other posts indicating a stance against the hunting, archery and firearm industry will be removed.

And he is skirting around his one........

Users who continue to violate the rules of posting messages in the message boards will be entered into a database of Banned Users. This information will include your IP address (a unique number assigned by your Internet provider), so we can track you—and ban you—even if you post under multiple names and/or email addresses!

You see, our old buddy Ulysses has been booted from this site from past experiences. He must have changed his ISP as he is able to get back on. His topics on getting land posted for hunting seem to go along with not posting anything about anti-hunting, considering he is trying to block hunters from hunting doe. Also, some of his statements about Alt and the PGC could be frowned upon.

I will give ol Lockhorns/Legend/Buffalohunter/Ulysses credit though as he seems to be much nicer than his previous attempts on here! His little conversations havn't gone into any serious flame wars and he seems to be keeping his personal attacks to a minimum! I am actually enjoying these conversations with him!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have something you can prove that he is doing wrong, in accordance with moderator's rules, then do it.
MikeE, the fact that he is here is a violation. He was banned for good from this forum. I personally saw an email to another member that said it was permanent.

As Buckmagnet said, Ol Terry has a history here and has been banned. . Besides some way out of line personal attacks, He was busted for a multitude of tall tales before he got banned. As BM also said, He obviously has a new isp and the moderators either havent noticed or they're watching quietly. He has been relatively tame under this new name and I suspect that if he stays relatively well behaved, they wont dump him again soon.

If you look back here you will see that I reiterated his right to voice his opinions while I made the point that his tall tales won't go unchallenged. Anyone who was here when he got banned will tell you he tended to exaggerate just a bit.

I actually welcome him back because he seems to have learned a lesson. He was back awhile before we recognized him and seems to have turned over a new leaf.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

AHHHHH stretch,another fine nights sleep. I've noticed neither BT or his pard BM whom he IMs every 2 minnutes has yet to call the cell # I have provided to BT to check me out. So I would think if anyone is making false allegations about another member that they can't prove ...well you guys can figure that out for yourself.
Me I'm off to the diner to see whom else I can enlist intthe "post your land save a doe club in 3A". I average 1 new landowner everyother day or so.
BT this isn't anti hunting at all it is preserveing hunting at it's finest. You just don't see it as so so naturally Ole Ulysses must be up to no good. Have a good day I see another land barron driving past on the way to the diner.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:32 AM

First off, I haven't seen one comment on this thread that would cause anybody to bring up ulysses's member status. It seems to me that he refuses to give into your "ideas" that you have clearly stated, so you have to bring up subjects that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Now back to the subject. The revenue brought in by hunters each year in PA is not just based on hunting liscenses. It is based on anything purchased for hunting. Also, the area I hunt, fish, and live in, relies heavily on tourism (campers). The summer time generates a lot of business around here, but businesses here rely on hunters to get them by during the winter months. Also, I probably spend between $400-$500 per year on gear, guns, etc just for myself. That doesn't include for my wife and kid and that's not including all of the different liscences and tags. With that being said, I probably spend over $1000.00 per year on hunting supplies, liscenses, etc. If I would decide not to hunt would that effect anything??? of course not. but if half of the hunters decided not to participate in purchasing a liscence next season then that would not only effect the PGC, it would dramatic impact on the economy in pennsylvania as a whole..............and yes even wal-mart would lose profit.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:40 AM
Fork Horn

well said herdhunter! But don't get me wrong I never suggested seriously to anyone not to buy a hunting lisc. even a doe tag. what I suggest is to buy a doe tag so the PGC can keep it's head above water, (they are inept but better than nothing) then burn it.
Sure they'll print up another batch each year but sooner or later they will need to take a good long look at why it takes 75 doe tags to kill 1 doe in 3A. you'll always have guys coming into an area from out of town that don't really care about anything or anyone else but themselves and getting "their deer" but the averages do sway.

Quick Reply: billion dollar industry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.