Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

billion dollar industry

Old 12-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: billion dollar industry

Go ahead, buy and burn. In the long run you'll be helping the cause.
Burned doe tags are tags not used to kill a doe. The PGC calculates a seperate success rate for each DMU and allocates tags accordingly. If you help to bring down the success rate then you will actually cause more tags to eventually become availble in subsequent years.

With more revenue from more doe tags, the PGC will be less able to justify another license increase.

So go ahead, buy and burn. You might just cause more tags to become available for those of us who still use our tags while you also help keep our costs down.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:19 PM

Buy & burn don't you think that they allow for so many tags not to be filled think about it how many did you not fill & how about your buddies or the camp next to you that wanted to fill theirs but didn't for what ever reason.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

BT eventually "they'll need to take a look at why the success ratio is so low in 3A on those tags, they'll see it is because except for the shot out public land it is ALL private and we post now. Why because of the slaughter!
Just 1/2 hr ago I was talking to yet another landowner that came aboard to our cause. He owns alot of land in 3A does alot of timbering (buys up the land cuts it and resells) and is sick of the damage caused by hunters to his roads,equipment,etc. said "go ahead an post his property, he'll even buying the signs". It will take a bunch, he owns several thousand acres thruout 3A &3B.
That's the best cup of coffee I ever bought for a guy!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of us know from your past escapades under other names before you got tossed from the board that you don't really own any land and quite likely don't have any influence on any landowner of any consequence.

Terry, if you behave, I wont remind the moderators who you really are, but lets not go down fantasy lane again!
Old 12-15-2004, 02:16 PM

Sounds like you boys have a split decision there-
Old 12-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

bt you believe what you want but don't try an hold me hostage cause I don't hold the same views on Pa's herd control as you
Old 12-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not what I said at all!

You have every right to disagree with me but I will not hesitate to point out false information. If you dont do it, I wont call you on it.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Greed is not accepting that we can't support as many deer as we have had in the past.

Greed is refusing to accept science because it just might force a change from old bad habits or beloved traditions even if those traditions are doomed anyway.

Greed is expecting the PGC to manage purely for the interests of a few hunters who just wont adapt.

Yes, it is all about greed.

Preventing some hunters from harvesting the buck of their choice just so a few trophy hunters will have easier hunting, is the epitome of greed.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Preventing some hunters from harvesting the buck of their choice just so a few trophy hunters will have easier hunting, is the epitome of greed.
No, refusing to let an immature buck grow up cause you want to get your buck instead of "settling" for a doe is the epitome of greed.

What is it about a scrawny piece of bone sprouting fromthe head of an adolescent deer thats the equivalent of a 13 year old that you feel such a strong need to fight for the right to kill. Do you feel that shooting a doe is somehow less manly? Is it an inferior deer? You've called does the booby prize in other threads. Why is a doe the booby prize?
Old 12-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

BT what you don't seem to grasp is that to some hunters a scrawny buck is just as much of a trophy as a monsterbuck club member's buck. Who's to say a buck must score over 150" to be considered a shooter...you? naw! I don't buy into that!
I hunt for the sheer enjoyment of it . If a big ole mossback comes down the trail great but I feel no less elated if it's a spike. I've hunted no harder to kill my 168 3/8" buck than I did to kill a scrawny buck many a time.
I even kill a doe or two for meat when the herd needs it around my placeS. But when the herd is down in numbers I won't kill a doe I either hunt for a buck or take a button buck or two for the meat.
You need to realize not everyone is in awe of horns, it is the experience of the hunt we enjoy!

Quick Reply: billion dollar industry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.