Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ok just spoke with Pa's Boscola about deer

Old 12-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ok just spoke with Pa's Boscola about deer

Lisa Boscola sits on Rendell's game board I just got off the phone with her lamenting about the lack of deer. Her reply was kind of shocking, " you're just 1 of 50 calls I got today about the same thing" She recommends to contact the commissioners and go to public meetings to voice opinions. Pretty plain vanilla response as expected. Though she did mention that numerous calls that she has fielded have the same tone to them about Alt's programs that were approved by the commissioners.
she gave me a few good contacts to make an assured me with all the calls that are coming in asking for changes she and others on the panel will be taking a hard look at the program.
Who knows some good may come out of the call.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ok just spoke with Pa's Boscola about deer

Oh Yeah, lets get Rendell cronies into deer management! They cant keep from screwing up where they do have experience[:'(] Shudder to imagine what that crowd would do to "fix" things.

Hey all you Alt supporters, lets nip this in the bud. Send Rendell a letter of support for our present management plan along with a big old Philly cheese steak and we can prevent Goof... er Gubernatorial interference!!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ulysses

You are an angry little man.

You should maybe line up a date with Gary Alt, I hear he's single...

JK
Old 12-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

quickie; aren't there rules you agreeded to when you registered to this site?
Either act or move out of my way, if you're happy with your hunting area's deer population fine, do nothing soon enough it will be in the same shape many others are already in.
what line is it Ted Nugent uses so often? goes something along the lines.........if you don't act your part of the problem if you got something to say you'd better yell louder than me cause exerciseing my rights as an American....I never understood what the youngins saw in that burnt out rocker but he does get his voice heard can't deny that!
Old 12-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was just havin' a little fun with ya... you don't need to fly off the handle and get all defensive.

FYI, I am happy with the current state of PA deer hunting, I do voice my opinion, and I am doing do now. I will not clamor for change when I feel that none is necessary.

Your lust for the ouster of the Alties is clearly dear to your heart. I won't bash ya for voicing your opinion and/or exercising any constitutional rights to which you may be entitled.

I have talked to just about every C.O. in my area, and commended them all on a job well done. We have discussed the Alt-bashing and I voiced my support and told 'em to hang in there... Before long, people will start seeing the results and reaping the benefits. Either that, or all the deer will be dead and gone where I live, and I will change my tune.

p.s. the rules of engagement on this site do not ban recommending romantic relationships for fellow members, nor do they preclude me from letting you know that you are, in fact, an angry little man.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:17 PM

Plain and simple... politics and biology don't mix.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Quickie guess you are right you have as much right to voice your feelings about deer in Pa as I do, good luck with it. I too was pro Alt at a time an have given him 5 years to see some results only to hear "give it more time and you'll begin to see results" 5 yrs is 2x longer than the average lifespan of a wild whitetail. Like I said AR & HR may be just the ticket in your WMU but what about those it isn't working in/ why hasn't Alt's words of " we'll make mistakes, won't dwell on them then move on" rung true as of yet in those WMUs???????

T in P2 game management& politics don't mix... absolutely I agree why is it then the current deer management in Pa is exactly that???????????????????
Old 12-14-2004, 01:37 PM

5 years? It hasn't been 5 years for this program yet! I believe you have another 2 years to go.

Explain the political influence in the current deer management that you think is present.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

aren't there rules you agreeded to when you registered to this site?
BT don't show your ignorance,she was appointed by Gov. Ridge and is a savy political force
HMMM whose bendin rules here?

tried to find "agreeded" in the old webster and it wasnt there. Maybe you can splain it to ignorant ol me?

Dont worry Uly, I wont whine to the moderators and you have as much right to spout as the rest of us. Even if you are mistaken

We can "lockhorns" if you want.... lots of people here havent heard the "legends" of the old "Buffalo Hunter"
Old 12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ulysses-

As a one-time Altie, you, if anyone, should understand that antler restrictions are NOT a turn-key operation. They are an introduction to a new way of thinking, as PGC is trying superimpose new QDM science over fifty years of a "more is better" mentality.

This is a new thought-process. At the start, people will go through different phases of acceptance and rebellion. They will poach, refuse to conform, fight, boycott, fret and whine. IMO, that's where we are now. People hate change.

People who have started to see the results have undergone a change in opinion. They are learning. Those who the new system has adversely affected (the big forest hunters) will take some time to come around. The forests will replenish their floors with native plant species, providing a stable food source for generations of deer in the future, and the herd will recover accordingly. It's already starting - the habitat in the Allegheny Nat'l. Forest looks better than ever. The deer were spread pretty thin, so the vast majority survived. The population will grow, and next year will be better. I am confident.

While an average deer may only live 2 1/2 yrs., we are trying to bump the average buck's lifespan into the 2 1/2 - 4 1/2 range. 3 years of AR is clearly, in my mind, far too short a timespan to blow it off as being unsuccessful. It's sorta like Reaganomics.

I just think you're making a kneejerk reaction, and it could cost us all if too many jump on the bandwagon and this plan gets scrapped.

Quick Reply: Ok just spoke with Pa's Boscola about deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.