Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I believe now I have a picture of a Cougar!!!!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:58 AM

Default RE: I believe now I have a picture of a Cougar!!!!

Well you did not too bad till the last line........whacked/trapped or photoed, Now do you think you a "Non believer" would have this information?, or listen to a cougar sighting report, with both ears open,? or do you think, just maybe, I would hear of such whacked/trapped/photoed before you might? First of all it is against the "LAW" to kill one , even if it threatens you, ask Allen Hicks, don't take my word. Then to trap one, not gonna happen, But a photo.........with the number of cameras that are now in place, in locations where they are seen over & over...that picture is just a matter of time, or just a matter of how to present this to New Yorkers!
I understand how you feel, but! being the hunter you are, just keep this in mind, look for tracks, tail drags in the snow, and look up, they love the trees! Just be a bit prepared, because where you hunt, is very close to where they are. "I am serious also!"
As for you coming here, thanks for the offer, but we have it covered, you can stop for coffee, the man with the beard would be glad to see you!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:10 PM

Charlie- I was wondering if you seen anymore of them viscious cats around your place. Especially the one with the long wiskers and adorable smile!

Is there a chance cougars exsist in New England. Sure there is. There was a scare/sighting down in Acton MA about a month ago. I have property near the Canadian border and several folks up there have claimed to have seen a large cat like animal with a lengthy tail in a field. We hear possible sightings in the paper once or twice a year up here. Will I loose sleep over it if they are here. No. Will it change my current hunting habits -No. Let nature take it's course and foget about iiiiittttt!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Charlie- I was wondering if you seen anymore of them viscious cats around your place. Especially the one with the long wiskers and adorable smile!
My ferret pulled a hamstring last week when we were treeing a big cat, and I forgot to put new batteries in my trail cam.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:48 AM

here's the link to the newspaper article that mention this collared male cougar. newspaper or television news....not sure but here

http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDet...fm?ID=22,36765

and the found dead male

http://www.qctimes.com/internal.php?...ws&c=2,1040908

I found a picture of the guy holding the cougar in the back of his pickup but having trouble locating it again. If i can find it I'll post it
Old 12-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I find it really amusing that your even on this thread NY Outdoors especially after you posted this to me.

DON'T READ AND REPLY THEN, which you keep doing.

do you sit infront of your tv with remote in hand and gripe about what your watchin as well? change the dang channel if you don't like it.

How am I making you read and reply......i'm confused there. that's your choice too ...... or not. just like you have a choice to believe or not. that's a great thing about america.....freedom of choice. seems people forget that and their opinion overides all choice.
NHBuck,Here's a picture I took last spring of a young cougar learning to hunt.

Old 12-29-2004, 09:44 AM

Wow Charlie was he leaping at you when you snapped the picture? I hope he has moved on from your area. You don't want to become his purrrrfect meal!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 AM

And left it alone till just recently and did what i suggested to you, i read, i laughed, I left it alone. I had nothing to say so i didn't till after the wolf article. interesting read

the thread is funny. flat out. from both sides of the fence. wasn't that your intentions???? bust some chops have some fun. I'm good with that end of it.

and you got some great photo's.

I really like the attack treeing ferrit thing.......that is seriously is hilarious.

the frightening black panther there. nice.

Didn't you catch my "saber tooth maine coon cougar comment" ...... yes my coon is missing his lower canines ..... slight rough housing accident and he took a right hook to the jaw and knocked his teeth out. doesn't stop him from tearing up mices tho.

just cuz we disagree on the topic of cougars in NY doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humor.

have a safe new years.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK, I stand corrected.

NHBuck, If it wasn't for coiled springs I have for legs I would have been dinner.