Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I believe now I have a picture of a Cougar!!!!

Old 12-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I believe now I have a picture of a Cougar!!!!

I went and saw the big picture it states that there was a Class 2 confirmation in NY.

Class 2 Confirmations:
1. Track sets verified by a qualified professional
2. Other tangible, physical evidence verified by a qualified professional (i.e., prey carcasses, microscopic hair recognition, thin-layer chromatography of scat).

So when did this happen? What professional verified the above mentioned criteria?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I heard credible rumors that there have been lion sightings in the state college area.

They are 3 years removed from their last bowl appearance, and Joe Paterno is heading into his 40th year as their coach.

The one-time ferocious lion is not viewed as much of a threat these days, as they have been documented to have been slain by Badgers, Wolverines, Eagles, Spartans, and even Buckeyes!
Old 12-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

So when did this happen? What professional verified the above mentioned criteria?
Don't bother responding I read the report. Most likely a escaped declawed pet,in 1993.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:32 PM

ya Charlie I take COUGARS very serious, especially the folks I have talked to with very close, dangerous encounters! I had one at 6:45 p.m. in my horse pasture, sneaking along the fence line, which by the way my fence was down and horses were out! Not only do these horses have a large value, they are my friends & family!! They have taken good care of me & I in turn do the same for them! No I don't have a sense of humor when it comes to a cougar I am well aware of what they are capable of, and they have changed life on my horse farm! I have to friends who have been on horse back and met a cougar on the trail up a tree, the horses spooked and they got away safley (this time) Its ok you think it is funny and you don't believe they are here, but you really should do some research, read the Washingtonpost, today............go to the Cougar network, just take a peek, let me know what you think. This area, Albany & Greene County is having a major problem with them.

I think I asked you before are you with the DEC?
ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Just couldn't help but check out the thread again eh? Did you check out some of my fish stories in the fishing forum? I even have pictures.

You know what you take life a little too seriously.

Here's a picture of a Cougar my pet ferret put up a tree recently.
He as released into the area by the DEC. Found out from my uncle 's neighbor who has a half brother that knows a guy related to the Aunt of the DEC guy that actually released. He had a mask on when I interviewed him and he smelled kinda like an alien.
You know what you take life a little too seriously
Old 12-17-2004, 09:34 PM

So again, are you DEC???

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

I went and saw the big picture it states that there was a Class 2 confirmation in NY.

Class 2 Confirmations:
1. Track sets verified by a qualified professional
2. Other tangible, physical evidence verified by a qualified professional (i.e., prey carcasses, microscopic hair recognition, thin-layer chromatography of scat).

Old 12-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don't bother responding I read the report. Most likely a escaped declawed pet,in 1993.
Guess you didn't see this post.

If you are having as many close up Cougar encounters as you claim,where's a scrap of proof?

This area, Albany & Greene County is having a major problem with them.
Really you must have evidence like a kill site,or a picture of one then?

I had one at 6:45 p.m. in my horse pasture, sneaking along the fence line, which by the way my fence was down and horses were out!
You must have some serious flood light is your pasture to be able to see a Cougar sneaking along your fence line in the pitch dark.Too bad you didn't have your night vision video camera.

So again, are you DEC???
I could tell you but then I'd have to have the black helicopters come and abduct you.

I did check out the web site you mentioned. Saw alot of escaped pet and most likely wild when it cames to siting on thsi side of the Mississippi.

!
No I don't have a sense of humor when it comes to a cougar I am well aware of what they are capable of, and they have changed life on my horse farm!
So why do you keep coming back to a thread that was obviously a joke?

You know what this thread is,sorry if everyone doesn't believe there is a resident population of Cougars in NYS. Especially with how many deer an adult Cougar has to eat to survive and the only sigthing that has been confirmed by the DEC was in 1993 and it was a declawed pet.

I'll be in the Albany area the day after Christmas, maybe I could stop by your place and sit out back and see this Cougar you've got up there.

Here's a cuople more my pet Ferret put up a tree. I thought I heard a man yell ho,ho ho, right befor ewe saw them. Think it might be Santa dropping them off?

Old 12-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is a major Cougar problem where you live?

I just did searches of the Times Union and TV stations in the Albany area and can't find any stories done on this Cougar problem. Are they in on the cover up along with the DEC?
Old 12-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Do you also see the size of these cannies they have bred with the Red Wolf! Packs are bigger & stronger! There is a season , get rid of them, I have one now that has been trying to lure my Ausie from the farm, I understand the end result is the pack is waiting! That makes me a bit pissed, he is a working dog on a horse farm, of course the deer are hiding in with the horses.........Look at there scat, nothing but Deer of course it is an impact!!
So you have Cougars at the fence line and coyote red wolf mixed attack packs trying to lure your dogs away.You wear a tin foil hat by any chance?

Coyotes and wolves don't try and lure anything away. Especially a wolf pack.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:37 AM

Thank you Charliep you have answered all my questions?

Good Job!!
Old 12-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

You seen any Bigfoot up there?

Quick Reply: I believe now I have a picture of a Cougar!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.