Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No Hunting on Sunday in PA.....Why?

Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No Hunting on Sunday in PA.....Why?

The thing I get a kick out of is not allowing hunting on Sunday even on State Game Lands.........guess what paid for that Game Land? It wasn't a Mountain Biking License, or a Birdwatching license that's for sure.
We paid for that land and we can't use it.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:14 AM

Yep, that's a real kick in the pants.

Heard a Harrisburg lobbyist who follows sportsmens issues explain why those 6 GOP members of the G&F Committee voted against even allowing a study to take place...
Their comments made in the committee meeting were that their districts were primarily made up of farmers, particularly Amish and others of strong Christian values, who were adamantly opposed to Sunday hunting. They felt that regardless what a study would find, they would still be opposed to Sunday hunting.
Should make PETA and HSUS folks real happy, that we have so many members of the G&F Committee agreeing that religious/moral values constitute legitimate reasons for banning hunting.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

The thing I get a kick out of is not allowing hunting on Sunday even on State Game Lands.........guess what paid for that Game Land? It wasn't a Mountain Biking License, or a Birdwatching license that's for sure.
We paid for that land and we can't use it.
Matt - I'm glad you said that. I definately think the outdoors are for everyone to enjoy, although in my area it drives me nuts to have entire families walking around yelling and playing when I'm on State "GAME" Lands that license buying hunters paid for. In my particular area (Nockimixon) there is the State Park on the south side of the road they could be using and stay out of the area that is loaded down with the orange army. Children enjoying the woods and wildlife is the only way we are going to have a future for hunting, but kids walking in the "hunting" woods without any orange on is not safe and it doesn't teach respect for those that are hunting.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

In case you guys didn't know this.....there will be a study done to see the impact of Sunday hunting....it whoudl be taking place after the new year and a report is due in the spring.

http://www.huntingpa.com/ubbthreads/.../page/0#295629
Old 12-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

some dumb BLUE LAW from the past that has to do with religion....so if we have to strike god from every thing lets do it with our no hunting on sunday.......................bob